“Not Impressed with Menu”
Review of Fuego Restaurant - CLOSED

Fuego Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Latin, Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Paseo de Peralta
Description: At the AAA Four Diamond Award-winning Fuego, innovative dishes are infused with Global Latin influences and classical American traditions, and every dish is carefully presented with exceptionally attentive service. Enjoy Executive Chef Carmen Rodriguez's cuisine while sipping a world-class wine in front of the fire. Let our friendly staff pamper you as you enjoy Santa Fe's most romantic dining destination and recent winner of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We decided to dine here on our last evening in Santa Fe, after hearing a wonderful ghost story about the property the evening before. Given its location inside the La Posada hotel, I was expecting a more extensive and creative menu. The list of entrees was only about six, and weren't particularly outstanding. The wine list was heavy on European wines, in spite of many good wines now being made in NM. We sat on the beautiful patio, where it was actually quite cold! The servers moved us closer to the fire pit and found a propane heater to put next to our table.

2  Thank 383ingridn

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We decided that since bed time was approaching for our almost 2 year old we would stay at the hotel to eat. The patio was beautiful. It was very well layed out surrounded by greens and a small fire pit. We ordered drinks and I had the basil gimlet which was delicious! And my husband and I split the Korean tacos, AMAZING!! I had a lamb burger which was ok an the cold lobster avocado cucumber soup, yuck. ( I am usually a fan of cold soup)
Service was not so good. Our waiter was very nice And when he forgot my daughter's chicken and brought it out so hot he ran for fruit to help I was happy. The entire experience took almost 2 hours which was really unacceptable. It would have been far easier to go off resort and make it back for bed time on time.

3  Thank Stacy B
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were looking forward to the cocktail menu (the cocktails tasted great and were quite pretty) but the service took FOREVER. We ended up ordering dinner, and our waiter never came back from the time he took our order until he brought our food. So much for keeping a buzz going. I ordered the sashimi salad which was ok- nothing special. My husband had the bratwurst burger which he liked, but the wings he ordered were dry.
The one thing this place has going for it is the atmosphere. We ate on the patio which was beautiful. A fountain and potted plants surrounded us. I wish the service would have been better- to me, service is everything! Worth checking out- maybe we hit this place on an "off day" but I don't think we will be revisiting any time soon. Good luck

2  Thank Sabrinah C
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed at La Posada and decided at last minute after drinks downtown and walking out of the pretentious Coyote Café to eat here. Glad we did, daughter had a great steak, wife and I really fantastic scallop appetizers and burgers with a really nice bottle of wine and a really nice server.

5  Thank madasa1024
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I can't understand why this restaurant is usually quite empty, but it is one of the best restaurants in Santa Fe. Quiet, lovely, excellent service, excellent food. It is located inside the La Posada hotel, a very old and lovely hotel with a very interesting history. Don't miss this experience if you go to Santa Fe.

6  Thank Joy N