“A perfect supper”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Paseo de Peralta
Description: At the AAA Four Diamond Award-winning Fuego, innovative dishes are infused with Global Latin influences and classical American traditions, and every dish is carefully presented with exceptionally attentive service. Enjoy Executive Chef Carmen Rodriguez's cuisine while sipping a world-class wine in front of the fire. Let our friendly staff pamper you as you enjoy Santa Fe's most romantic dining destination and recent winner of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence.
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I live in Santa Fe and had supper for the first time at Fuego last evening. We loved it. The dining-room is certainly one of the most elegant in Santa Fe, the tables are far enough apart, the decor is exquisite and the food was excellent. The service very professional and friendly. We will certainly go back. Not cheap but really worthed.

4  Thank Parcells

Reviewed March 1, 2013

If this was the best Fuego could offer during restaurant week to entice me to come back, Fuego failed miserably. We ordered the carne asada (flank steak) and the steak was tough and inedible, had a bitter vinegar taste, maybe it was purchased at Albertson's - not restaurant quality beef. Piled on top of the steak was a mixture of raw vegetables and two or three tiny cooked potatoes. For dessert, I ordered the bread pudding which as appealing as a giant cinnamon glob. We left hungry and disappointed.

The service was great, very attentive staff, but that does not make up for the terrible meal. Maybe the chef should eat his own cooking.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We chose Fuego! as one of this year's "restaurant week" selections of a place to try that we'd never dined at before. The entire concept of restaurant week has not been lost on us and each year, we've been treated to at least one new and incredible dining find in this fantastic town for food. The name deserves every emphasis the exclamation point in it asserts.

Located in the La Posada resort, one knows they are in good hands from the moment of entering the property. The commitment to service could not be clearer and it shows in every detail.

We started our evening with a pre-dinner cocktail in the Staab House, a remarkably comfortable and relaxed section of the original property on wihch the resort now sits. Great drinks, attentive staff, cozy fireplaces and a decent mix of patrons.

Our reservation for dinner was promptly filled and we were greeted most enthusiastically. My initial perception of Restaurant Week when it began several years ago was that these nicer restaurants were grudgingly going along and would skimp on things, rush people through to turn the tables, etc. NOTHING could be further from the truth. Especially at Fuego.

The ambiance was relaxed, tastefully southwestern without excess and the entire staff was about as professional and friendly as I've ever witnessed. They simply are that organized, well trained and obviously content in their chosen vocation.

I started the meal with Tuna Empanada and while quite inventive and beautifully presented, the dish lacked flavor and the deep fried aspect of the "shell" took away from the otherwise nice tuna and accompaniments. My wife started with the hearts of palm salad that included a very subtle smoked paprika and anchovy dressing that the both of us really enjoyed.

The wines we had were well matched for our meal and while the list of wines by the glass was small and a bit expensive, one could tell they had been chosen with care to compliment the menu.

I ordered the Chimichurri Carne Asada and it was one of the best entrees I have enjoyed in quite some time. The showstopper of the night though was my wife's choice, the Pato en Chocolate. A seared duck breast with calabasitas, sofrito rice and a cherry/chocolate mole sauce that I'm still relishing over her generosity in sharing. We share nearly everything we order when out, so I'll usually offer my opinion on what she eats despite knowing my review should be about what I ate.

Our deserts were equally great and I'm not sure what brand of coffee they serve, but it was also top shelf.

In closing, this is one of Santa Fe's true fine dining establishments and all the great reviews are warranted.

6  Thank TimToad123
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Situated in one of the fancier hotels of Santa Fe, Fuego has top notch cuisine. We went for restauant week, a special event in Feburary in northern New Mexico. I started with the tuna empanada, delicious, while my wife had the fried tomato salad, which she enjoyed. Then came the main courses, duck served on a bed of risotto and grouper with mashed potatoes. Both were great, in fact it was probably the best duck I've ever had. The chocolate mousse dessert topped it off just right. They also have a small but well chosen wine list. Service was flawless.

5  Thank ggold113
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Fantastic food with great presentations. The breakfast was one of the best ever; the steak and salad was perfect!

5  Thank rahoran53