“Authentic Brazilian-style barbecued meats!”
Review of Omira Bar Grill - CLOSED

Omira Bar Grill
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Cerillos Rd
Description: Located just a few short blocks from Santa Fe's Historic Plaza, the State Capital, and the Downtown Business District, Omira Bar & Grill is known for its culinary excellence and internationally inspired dishes. We invite you to tour our site and discover the Omira Experience, Menu and Wine List.
Reviewed February 12, 2014

But don't expect sauced-up barbecue American-style. Brazilians love to barbecue huge pieces of salted meat on spits and slice it off to your liking. Having lived there for three years, we were always challenged by the saltiness and sometimes toughness of the meats. Omira has taken the best of Brazilian barbecue, lessened the salt to the liking of Americans, and used meats cut the tender, American way (against the grain in the meat instead of with the grain). Owner, Manager even buys special salt--course crystals with just the right amount of saltiness--to make his barbecue especially succulent. And, it is!! With prices MUCH more reasonable than for the same style meal in Brazil, Omira is well worth a visit! (Do try the chicken hearts!)

1  Thank 2lovenlearn

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I just finished my third trip to this restaurant - And it won't be my last. The service was good, the salad bar was great, and the meat was sinful. The quality of the meat served is about as good as can be found in Santa Fe, cooked to order if requested, and the salad bar is fresh and made in house. I was hard pressed to find anything that I didn't want more of. The woman waiting on us was attentive and friendly and, even though I was stuffed from the wonderful endless meats, the owner practically insisted that I polish the meal off with some delicious grilled pineapple. Although this restaurant is fairly new to the area, they've certainly hit the ground running and has become perhaps my favorite stop. I will be back, I just need to be sure that I pack a healthy appetite.

3  Thank Nick T
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Great food, but go hungry. Talk with the owner, a great pleasure, I will be back. Local beef and chicken, not frozen. Flavors we're wonderful

2  Thank Michael M
Reviewed January 23, 2014

The food was wonderful! Great selection of imported beers, and wine. Amazing service and everyone was so friendly! This is a place i will suggest to my friends!

4  Thank cristian4545
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Went for a company Christmas party and the food was delicious. Salad bar was diverse and everything tasted great. Meats were great. Nice selection of wines and homemade beers. The servers did a great job taking care of our tables. Even though they did a great with our group they are not set up to accommodate a large group, we had people not able to sit with our group.

7  Thank Jodi D