“I wish I could say more, but basically it's just the best breakfast burrito in SF and I get that every time”

Posa's Tamale Factory and Restaurant
Ranked #107 of 564 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Mexican
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Sausage, green, potatoes, cheese... I don't know why exactly it's better than all the others, but it definitely is. The chile isn't too spicy, the sausage isn't too greasy or overcooked, the tortilla has just the right amount of softness... man I want one right now. Wife loves bacon green, and I've tried chorizo red and ham green too. I've had BBs at maybe a dozen places in SF, ranging from the $3 burritos at Blake's and the $12 burritos at some of the cafes - smothered, handheld, sit-down, to go, green, red, xmas, it doesn't matter. Best BB in SF.

... In case you can't tell, I never order anything else from there, so I can't comment on the other food. I think I've had their enchiladas at a friends house, and they were tasty, but that's it.

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank John Y

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“It's tough not to recommend EVERYTHING!!!!!”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I eat here at least once a month not to mention the burritos and tamales that dribble down my chest when I eat them on the road. The tamales are a specialty of the house and I get a dozen at least once a month to keep them handy in my freezer at home. The breakfast burrito is great on the road but it's better in the restaurant where one can have it covered with- my favorite - the red chili sauce. Green is good too but I'm addicted to the red. On the other hand, Posa' is a great place to try new things if your a visitor to Santa Fe. Every thing is first rate and DELICIOUS. There can be a short line around lunch time but the rest of the day it's walk in, order and eat. Restaurant is unassuming with out a great deal of fussy decor. I don't go to Posa's to dine, I go to eat. If your driving in from Albuquerque it's in the little shopping center off Cerrillos on Zafarano - next to Albertsons. I go solo often but I also like to go wit friends and drink coffee and EAT!

• Visited January 2014
8 Thank DrWJH3
Roseburg, Oregon
“Hands down, best breakfast burrito in SFe”
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

No matter how you slice it, Posa's has the best breakfast burrito in town. Everythibg is fresh, delicious and authentic. It's not fancy, just great!

11 Thank LJK1966
Texas
“Their Tamales Were Unbelievably Good”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I've never liked tamales. When I order a combo plate at a Mexican restaurant, I ask them to substitute something else for the tamale.
But when I was a Santa Fe for the Indian Market in August, one of the stores at a little mall on the plaza was having a welcoming party with a buffet set up in the mall hallway outside their store. The owner of the store told me to help myself to the buffet. I was amazed at how good the tamales were, so I asked the lady where they were from. She said the food was from Posa's El Merendero.
I've never had such good tamales, and I can't imagine any tamales in the world being better. Now I'm wondering if they ship to Texas- HA!

• Visited August 2013
8 Thank Tex s
“Breakfast Burrito's are the BEST”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Best breakfast burritos! Great menu, I'm just hooked on breakfast. Great service. They always have dinner specials and frozen tamales available.

• Visited October 2013