“Friendly staff, great breakfast!”
Review of Saveur

Saveur
Ranked #134 of 567 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Diner, Delicatessen, French
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
“Friendly staff, great breakfast!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for breakfast and were immediately greeted by the chef to explain the layout and the special. Waitstaff was extremely friendly and made you feel very welcome. We had a chorizo omelet and heuvos rancheros - both great and not overwhelming. We also got a few pastries to go - worth the stop in every way.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank TeamDC2

Denver, Colorado
“Lunch très bon.”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

At first you walk in the door of this small establishment and see today's list of sandwiches and a buffet line. Hmmmm. Then you are warmly greeted by a chef who explains how it all works. In the end, you are served tasty and beautifully prepared food. Be sure to see the photos of the owners with outstanding chefs in Europe.

Visited January 2014
7 Thank dhuntress
Santa Fe
“Upscale "Cheers"”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

If you remember that old TV sitcom from the 1980s called "Cheers" with its blue collar comradeship this bistro is an upscale version of that milieu. It wins the charm award and breathes life into the phrase "charm offensive". Everyone seems to know everyone and the staff goes out of their way to make sure a newbie knows exactly how the place operates.

The downside to the restaurant is the food as it was only average. The lobster bisque had no discernible lobster and was thin and reedy. The sandwich I got was better and was well presented but again not what I would place into a superior category. It was "good enough" and that was it.

I almost never linger to watch people but I wound up lingering here to watch the staff and the customers engage in a gushing waltz of vocal repartee. I left with a smile on my face not from the food but from the people. Ahh...yes..that it the phrase my mind was hunting for..."joie de vivre". This place has got it. It is ambiance that bumps up my review from OK to a place you should at least visit once.

• Visited January 2014
6 Thank NorthernNMCritic
Kalispell, Montana
“European Style Bistro With Great Food and Exceptionally Friendly Staff”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This bistro cafe speaks to me of France, Italy, New York and all those wonderful corners of the world where the food is central to life. The choices seem endless and if it is your first visit you are given a friendly tour of the place and all its wonderful options. The second time around you are greeted as a friend. The staff are all engaging and attentive without being obtrusive. Sandwich board, paninnis, buffet, many specials of the day, special requests and a great dessert display. Many of the items use organic ingredients and they do have gluten free and vegan entrees and desserts. On the plus side as well, you can get an entire meal that is not "typical New Mexican cuisine". Rugalache from a New York Deli…to die for.

• Visited December 2013
8 Thank MaryEllenM27
Chicago Suburbs
“My New Favorite Santa Fe, NM Restaurant”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have a vacation home in Santa Fe & I'm retired, so I spend as much time as I can there. I'm always scouting for restaurants under $20/person with healthy food, but also as a Midwesterner, really hot, spicy food isn't my favorite. I also like a clean place with friendly employees, so for me Saveur has it all.

I ate there about a week ago. Their scrumptious food is served buffet-style. They weigh it & you pay about $13/lb for just what is on your plate. Soup & dessert is extra. The day I was there they were serving an array of fresh foods on the buffet--including green salad, cole slaw, beets, asparagus, brussels sprouts, salmon & more, plus a hot chicken cooked in a French wine sauce, homemade mashed potatoes with a French-style gravy & 3 kinds of soup. I knew I was having the buffet, so I didn't pay much attention to the desserts, but I think they were cakes & pies.

The owners are a cute senior couple. When I arrived they greeted me & showed me to a perfect table by the window. Seated next to me were some real French people, speaking French, so I got to practice my French by eavesdropping. The decor was French Country. (For those of you who don't know, it's a good sign when French people chose to eat at a particular restaurant because they're fairly picky eaters.)

Affter eating I mentioned how clean the place was to the owner & she proudly pointed out her outstanding rating posted on the wall from the SF Board of Health. On the way out By the door I noticed some sort of a framed certificate (written in French) from Paul Boucouse, the world-famous chef from Lyon, France. How good is that?

They are open for breakfast & lunch, Mon. to Fri.

• Visited November 2013