“excellent and beautiful food made with love, you can just tell!!!”
Review of Saveur

Saveur
Ranked #130 of 575 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Diner, Delicatessen, French
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Popped in Saveur twice on a 10 day stay in Santa Fe. The first time I just had a croissant and a fabulous cup of coffee. The owner, Dee, was so friendly that I decided I had to come back the next day for a full breakfast. So I did and I wasn't disappointed. Saveur's version of Eggs Benedict are called Eggs Antoinette...Dee's chef husband uses the freshest organic eggs that are perfectly poached sitting on a slice of tomato and spinach with goat cheese (I think I have it right...all on great English muffins.) It's a $10.50 breakfast without coffee but worth it. I wish I had tried out their lunches...the menu looked very good. Dee is entertaining and makes you feel like you are in her home. I still feel like writing her a thank you note....I think I will!!!

7  Thank Quinerly

Reviewed February 8, 2011

I went for tea and a snack on a weekday mid-morning. The woman at the counter seemed to take a dislike to me from the second I walked in--not something I usually encounter!--and treated me curtly. I met a friend and we drank our tea and talked until the manager walked up to us and put a "reserved" sign on our table and told us we had to move because a regular customer (who wasn't actually there) liked to sit at that table. When we objected, the manager and the counter person became verbally abusive.
I've never been treated like that in my life, and I will never go back.

10  Thank MayaDD
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I found the owner of Saveur to be exceptionally friendly, the food prices to be no higher than expected, the sandwich quality very good and the portions very generous. I was greeted as a new friend, and also got great advice on taking a bus tour around the city, and this (especially the lingering tour through Canyon Rd) turned out to be one of the best parts of my trip.

9  Thank travelrookie05
Reviewed April 3, 2010

We stayed right near this little restaurant, and stopped there twice for custom sandwiches. They were absolutely delicious! And even more than that are the owners. Such a sweet couple. She even gave us both big hugs as we were leaving town. They couldn't have been kinder and more helpful. I will definitely go back there when in Santa Fe next!

9  Thank SWLfl
Reviewed September 1, 2009

The owners, who also serve the customers, are exceptionally hateful hostile humans whose mission seems to be creating an unpleasant dining experience for everyone. Needless to say, the food is not prepared with love which may be why it's on the low side of average. And to top it off, the pricing is rather high.

5  Thank ElleSantaFe