“Mucho Gusto - A Wonderful Find!”
Review of Mucho Gusto

Mucho Gusto
Ranked #14 of 577 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between E. Alameda & Palace Ave
Description: Fresh authentic Mexican cuisine. Gluten free items available.
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We found Mucho Gusto on Trip Advisor as we searched for places to eat on our way to Albuquerque. We all laughed at the name - but decided we'd give it a try. We are so glad we did! The food is great - very fresh . It wasn't too busy when we first got in but was packed by the time we left. I think reservations are the norm, but they easily handled our group. When I'm back in Santa Fe - I will definitely go back! Yum!

4  Thank Roadtripqueen2013

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I'd say this was an average restaurant. Our meal was fine. I had the special chicken meal (stuffed with goat cheese, almonds, etc). Honestly, I didn't expect it to be fried, but maybe I missed that on the menu. There was way too much sauce on it, I had to get another plate and move my chicken to that plate. So all in all, not a great choice. My wife had vegeterian burrito and she said that it was good. Probably would find another choice to eat vs. here if I was there again.

1  Thank Kevin B
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My family and I visited Mucho Gusto during a short stay in Santa Fe. We determined the food to be average and overpriced. Nothing was bad, but we did not find anything exceptional on the menu either.

Service was another issue. Our waitress was very slow and obviously overwhelmed (restaurant was not busy). I will happily give kudos to the other staff member (young waitress) who picked up the slack and provided us with approximately 80% of the service we received. Thank you ma'am for your assistance!

1  Thank Lucas T
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We chose this restaurant as a result of Trip Advisor reviews. What a disappointment. We went there as an early dinner before the Opera. The food was a notch below a fast food place. The atmosphere was terrible. No music; tables close together (which forces you to participate in everyone's conversation); loud employees; poor atmosphere for dinner, etc.
This might be a cheap place for locals to have lunch, but don't get your hopes up for dinner.
Santa Fe is full of great restaurants. Don't waste your time or money on this one!

1  Thank Travelinhotelex
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Mucho Gusto is a wonderful little restaurant with great New Mexican cuisine. It's off the beaten path of the Plaza but well within walking distance to all of the lodging nearby. It's clean, quiet and worth a try. One thing to note, it's beer and wine only.

2  Thank kmaconsulting