“Chicken Bomb is a Must”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mucho Gusto

Mucho Gusto
Ranked #20 of 555 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between E. Alameda & Palace Ave
Description: Fresh authentic Mexican cuisine. Gluten free items available.
Lancashire, United Kingdom
“Chicken Bomb is a Must”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had read favourable reviews about the chiken bomb and decided that was the dish to try. We weren't disappointed as it was delicious. Whole experience was excellent.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Brixham23

Green Valley, Arizona
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

This little out of the way restaurant was recommended to us by a local and they were right on! Our service was fabulous - only to be topped by the food itself! Everybody around us seemed to be ordering the fajitas so they must be good, but don't go without trying "The Bomb". It was a chicken breast stuffed with cheeses and poblano pepper with the most incredible sauce. My husband said it was one of his top 3 meals of all time! I had the Orange Tequila Shrimp which was also delicious, but I kept sneaking bites of the Bomb! I swear if I lived in Santa Fe I'd be going here weekly!

Visited July 2013
4 Thank JanH59
Leverett, MA
“Fine, small, Mexican-style restaurant; friendly, inexpensive, excellent.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We have visited this little restaurant, tucked in the back of a small shopping area, every time we have visited Santa Fe. It is walkable from where we stay (Hacienda Nicholas), which makes it very easy. There is ample parking if you happen to drive. This is a great place for Mexican-style food, with super-friendly service and a patient and helpful staff. The prices are very reasonable (especially for Santa Fe) and the food is simply excellent.

We started with some chips and guacamole and salsa - delicious guacamole and two kinds of salsa. Be sure to be specific when you order this. It will be offered as chips, quac and salsa, but you can also order it without the salsa or without the quac for less money. But, we were happy to try the whole deal. The chips were fresh and crisp.

We asked if they had changed the menu to offer Margaritas. They said no, not a typical Margarita, but did offer us a Agave Wine Margarita. We each had one. Excellent! You really would have trouble telling this from the real thing - they make their own Margarita blend and it is very good. We were happy.

We ordered a Suiza Enchilada (two chicken enchiladas, with the usual sides - rice, refried black beans and pico de gallo - and feta cheese). We also ordered something else - recall it to be a chicken burrito. Everything was very good.

You really can't go wrong at this place. Add to the good food the very friendly and efficient staff and you conclude that this is simply a no-frills, pleasant place to eat and to relax. We will be back again and again.

4 Thank BobHLeverett
Colorado
“Fabulous food at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Wow! This restaurant may appear small and average from the outside, but the food was fantastic. We stopped here for an early dinner on Saturday evening (about 5pm) there was ample parking in the lot provided and had no problem getting seated right away. After reading reviews on tripadvisor, I decided to try "The Bomb" for about $14. I shared with a friend as neither of us was starving and was very glad I did, as the portions were huge. Wow, The Bomb is amazing! Chicken breast stuffed with sun dried tomatoes and cheese and smothered in a creamy chipotle sauce with mushrooms. The flavor was unlike anything I've ever had, but it was fantastic. I was hesitant because I don't like mushrooms, but the mushroom flavor isn't cooked into the sauce and it was easy to pick out the mushrooms. I would definitely recommend a meal at Mucho Gusto and will return next time I'm in town.

2 Thank ColoMama33
Gainesville, Florida
“Suiza Enchiladas ... great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We were in the area and this place looked interesting so we decided to check it out. The food was delicious! Loved the sauce and feta combination with the chicken enchiladain their Suiza dish. Salsas were good a nd even the black beans and rice were excellent. We both left a very clean plate behind. Cute decor and vibrant colors. Quick service and attentive wait staff. An excellent choice!

3 Thank BadLlama17