“Special Occasion”
Review of Andiamo

Andiamo
Reserve with OpenTable
Andiamo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 576 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Guadalupe
Description: We prepare the finest, local and seasonal ingredients a la minute with the utmost care and respect. Our menu is inspired by Italian cuisine, but as food is born of the region, we try to stay true to our relationships with local growers. For that reason, we’ve continuously nurtured a strong connection between the Santa Fe Farmers Market and our kitchen — melding indigenous foods whenever possible, with key Italian imports. Dining at Andiamo inspires conversation and evokes memories. That’s why we see Andiamo as a collective experience for people who love food. Our staff is genuinely happy to work with our customers. At the end of the day, we want our guests to feel better for having eaten here.Our extensive, Itlian-driven, award-winning wine list caters to any price point.
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Always good for a special occasion. Sometimes busy, so book ahead. Great wine selection and fantastic pasta.

7  Thank Andy J
Joan G, Owner at Andiamo, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Thanks for reviewing your recent dining experience with us. Great to hear that you enjoy visiting us for special occasions and that you appreciate our wine list and pasta. We hope you'll join us again soon

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We were delighted to find such great food at such an affordable price on the Plaza in Santa Fe. We went Halloween night. It was crowded and festive, but food was superbly prepared. All of us ordered something different and all were very pleased.

7  Thank Marilynn F
Joan G, Owner at Andiamo, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Thank you for your review of Andiamo! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed our food, and we hope that you'll join us again when you're back in Santa Fe.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We had a fairly nice meal here. The wine was average, as was the service. The food was pretty tasty. The fried risotto was vegetarian (yay!). The atmosphere was romantic, though the art was very modern and didn't match the romantic style of the room. I'd definitely return for an intimate, low-key Saturday night dinner.

3  Thank emidolan
Joan G, Owner at Andiamo, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Thanks so much for reviewing Andiamo! It's good to know that you appreciated our vegetarian risotto as well as atmosphere and service. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

We were a group if girls celebrating a birthday. We had a 7pm reservation. The food was incredible, even though my beet salad was missing the goat cheese, they were out of it. But the service was spotty. Our server was nice, but really we felt rushed. Our entrees came out before we were done with our apps, we had two bottles of wine. One of our guests had finished their glass and the sever didn't bother to ask if we would like another bottle or at least offer a glass. They did provide us with a birthday desserts for the entire table, nice touch. But never offered coffee after dinner drink. The check was dropped with desserts the music was turned off and we could hear the music from the kitchen. Really felt rushed. We were out the door at 8:30 and when we dine it is usually a 2+ hours of dining. Now we are also a group of locals who all work in the business, maybe our expectations were to high, but I don't think I will go back. First time I was there same thing, great food... Botchy service. So now I can say I tried it again and same thing. Too many other options in town.

4  Thank leszap
Reviewed October 28, 2013

So many people write good reviews and friends of ours like this place...but not long after I wrote a review on Andiamo and vowed I would never go back, I was with a group of people ...and sufficiently warmed up by the whiskey place around the corner, we went again [you know how it is] and yep, still not impressed. This time the first server forgot my wine altogether and when we did get our food, mine was less than great. The chicken breast was dry and had very little taste. So, what is it, Andiamo people?Just coincidence? Four chances and always something bad enough to complain about? I do have to say our second server was friendly and attentive enough...but that just isn't enough to change my mind. We eat out a fair amount and I just think this isn't the place to spend our money anymore.

2  Thank DB-Raw
Joan G, Owner at Andiamo, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thanks for your second review of Andiamo! We are alarmed to hear that you've dine with us four times and not enjoyed your visit. It's rare to hear that our servers forget to bring items or that the dinner is dry. We do a good job. And we make up for our mistakes. We would like for you to have a good experience. Please contact me directly through the website if you would like. I guess it is also possible that we aren't your kind of place, but thank you for giving us a try and for trying to make it work.