“Good food, nice menu, delightful outdoor dining.”
Review of Ristra - CLOSED

Ristra
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Historic District
Cross street: Guadalupe/St. Francis
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We've eaten there before and thought it would be worth another try. It was much improved. Nice wine list, too.

Only complaint: quite slow service. Friendly but slow.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We returned to Ristra after we had a stunning dinner last year. I was disappointed to see that the menu was the same but the food wasn't as flavorful. The restaurant was almost empty on a Saturday night, which was sad to see. The scallops appetizer was divine, but when we asked to have an entree portion of scallops, they merely brought out the appetizer as an entree rather than an entree-sized portion. Our server was nice but didn't seem knowledgeable.

1  Thank Katie G
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My wife and I first visited Ristra in the early 2000s and really thought it was top notch. We've had dinner there at least ten times and have never been disappointed. On a recent trip to Santa Fe we dined again...and contrary to the reviews by susan s and miner 53...the food was still delicious. We began with a Poblano Relleno, which was stuffed w wild rice and piquillo peppers atop spaghetti squash. My wife followed with the Spiced Duck Breast and I had the Pork Rack. Her's came medium rare as ordered, mine came medium as ordered. Richard, our server, couldn't have been more attentive. A Santa Fe native, he both gave us great service and also shared insights about town and the region. If anything, we were shocked at how empty it was on a Friday night at 7PM. If we had to guess why, it might be associated with the loss of owner, Eric LaMalle, who died in April 2013. Still, the atmosphere is pleasant, especially on a summer evening sitting outside. In previous trips my wife has enjoyed the mussels, which have a little kick thanks to the chipotle infused broth...and they've always arrived at the table piping hot. There used to be a beet salad that was divine, but perhaps the gazpacho would be a nice trade. The tuna tartare is another tasty appetizer. You ought to give Ristra a go.

2  Thank longdrive2
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Stop by for at least a drink with new bartender, Chris. He rocks. I don't get the bad reviews. This is a very nice restaurant with good food and a professional staff.

2  Thank QuakerBoy
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Ristra used to be a good restaurant in Santa Fe, but no more. It's gone downhill.. and I won't be going back, ever again. The menu is tired, it looks shabby in the house part of the restaurant, service is sub par, and the food is not good. I had the mussels and they arrived cold. I couldn't get the attention of my server, who just ignored me. So, I had to eat cold mussels which I shouldn't have. Then their was a power surge, and I kept waiting and waiting, and I had an appointment. I finally had to go to the bar to try to pay my bill, their attitude was that I should keep waiting while their machines got to work. I couldn't. I had waited 1/2 hour. NEVER AGAIN! What used to be a good restaurant in no more. My boyfriend and i ate there in March, we were practically the only one's in the restaurant and the food was marginal.

2  Thank susan s