“Dinner”
Review of Osteria d'Assisi

Osteria d'Assisi
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria d'Assisi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 571 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Osteria d'Assisi was opened in 1995, in a renovated home in the historic downtown district of Santa Fe. The restaurant is named after the city of Santa Fe's patron saint, Saint Francis, who was born in the town of Assisi in Italy. Osteria d'Assisi features regional Italian cuisine, utilizing the time honored Mediterranean approach to preparing food with olive oil and fresh ingredients. Our menu includes fresh seafood, locally grazed beef, veal and lamb, house made pasta, fresh bread baked daily, gourmet pizza and creative desserts.
Marietta, Georgia
“Dinner”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Molly was a great waitress who was very attentive; veal entree was pretty good as well as the salad and Tiramasu.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank VNMarietta_Georgia

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Local Loves It”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I live in Santa Fe and go to Osteria often. The food is great and service friendly. My husband is Sicilian and this is the only place in town he will get pizza. We enjoy the signature Cesar salad and the mushroom ravioli!

Visited June 2013
5 Thank Cynthia K
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Not what we'd hoped for”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My wife and I had dinner on the recommendation of our hotel conceriege. We wanted to try at least one night of something other that "Southwestern" during our 6-day vacation trip to Santa Fe. The atmosphere is nice, cozy. I had a special zuppa, which was good, and my wife liked here veggie ravioli fine, but my entre, veal scaloppine, was chain quality, way over-salted. Service was good. I doubt I'd go back.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Roycal
Sacramento, California
“Our favorite restaurant in Santa Fe on this trip.”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We ate here twice during our recent week in Santa Fe. The first time was Mother's Day and we were careful to reserve because we knew they'd be busy. We walked over from our resort so parking was not a problem. They were waiting for us and ushered us to a table by the front window with flowers and lace curtains. It was charming. We had visited the day before just to see where it was and there was an artist retouching the lovely murals on the inside walls. Charming.

Our waitress was a true gem. She was attentive, had a sense of humor and made sure we were well taken care of. My husband got one of the trout dishes and I had the special du jour which was lamb osso buco. I saw one delivered to the table next to us and had to have it. It was gorgeous! When it arrived, it tasted every bit as good as it looked . . . and the man at the next table eating the same dish agreed.

We ate at il piato later in the week and it was very good but not nearly as good as the Osteria d'Assisi. We also returned to the Osteria for our last-night celebration in Santa Fe. It was what we wanted to remember.

We're from California and love southwestern cooking but were very disappointed in Santa Fe on this trip. Everything southwestern was fiery hot and drowned in sauce. I've always loved sopaipillas and they've always come with the meal but we had trouble finding them on this trip. We finally decided we preferred Italian in Santa Fe and Osteria d'Assisi was absolute perfection. We ate outside on the patio on our second visit as the weather finally cooperated. Great food; great service.

Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank SalB
Denver, Colorado
“Good, but not great”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I loved the small, cute little rooms they used for there dinning areas, not too large and not too small. The service on the Saturday night we visited was OK, but not outstanding. Often the water glasses were empty when you needed a drink. The food was both good and not so good. The salad was great, one entree was poor and one was OK and the dessert was also poor. This was not my best dinning experience in Santa Fe. The table next to me had to send back his "nightly special" rib eye steak because it was over cooked. When the second steak arrived his wife had finished her entire dinner. They need to improve in the kitchen.

Visited May 2013