“Good lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Osteria d'Assisi

Osteria d'Assisi
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria d'Assisi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 555 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Osteria d'Assisi was opened in 1995, in a renovated home in the historic downtown district of Santa Fe. The restaurant is named after the city of Santa Fe's patron saint, Saint Francis, who was born in the town of Assisi in Italy. Osteria d'Assisi features regional Italian cuisine, utilizing the time honored Mediterranean approach to preparing food with olive oil and fresh ingredients. Our menu includes fresh seafood, locally grazed beef, veal and lamb, house made pasta, fresh bread baked daily, gourmet pizza and creative desserts.
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Good lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Had lunch al fresco here. Food was very good -- a little pricey, but not over priced. Beet salad was wonderful. My 3 travelling companions enjoyed their selections also. Service was very good. Convient to tourist area of Santa Fe.

• Visited September 2012
4 Thank notravelsurprises

“Not worth it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

A very average restaurant charging too much for food and wine. Service was fine, but we left feeling that we wouldn't be back....

Visited September 2012
2 Thank ajweigl
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Poor Service and Overdone Overpriced Pasta”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

This restaurant has really gone down hill during the past several years. We went there to celebrate my birthday, but it was no celebration. The service was really poor. We had to ask several times to have our bread basket filled. The waiter brought one of us the wrong dinner, which we returned. About 10 minutes later he returned with my wife's dinner which appeared that it was sitting under a heat lamp all the time resulting in mushy pasta. My linguini was definitely not al dente as I requested. Their pasta dishes are way overpriced considering the portion size. We were never asked if we wanted the second course. When we got the bill, it included what we ate as well as what we did not order nor ate. I requested a new bill and the waiter got real surly whisking away the bill abruptly. We will never return to that establishment again, that is for sure.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank ChefDon10
Fortson, GA
“Our best meal in Santa Fe!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife & I had dinner indoors at Osteria with 2 other couples on Wednesday night 8/29 - our best meal in Santa Fe during a week's visit. The restaurant's location within 2 blocks of the Plaza was quite convenient, only a short walk from our hotel on a beautiful, balmy evening.

Osteria's atmosphere was quietly elegant, but not stuffy. Charming, but not over-done. Service was helpful & attentive without being intrusive. Menu recommendations were excellent, especially the value-priced, delicious bottle of Barbera D'Asti wine (on an otherwise typically over-priced wine list - a pet peeve).

My wife & I shared a good/not-great beet salad, I had carpaccio as my entree (a favorite of mine, here a 7 on a scale of 10), my wife had a delicious, wonderfully seasoned carbonara pasta dish, & we then shared an excellent, light tiramisu for dessert with average cappuccinos.

We were also charmed during dinner to meet [perhaps] the restautant's owner [?] with whom we wound up discussing his other home in Lake Como, Italy. He had a lovely photo album that he shared with us with stories to match. A plus for the evening.

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank RalphSchmitt
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Great food and excellent customer service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

cfaxThere were 3 of us all eating something different.Each meal was superb. Then the owners wife offered to take us to the store for some coffee for our room and the B&B. It was so gracious and unexpected.

Visited August 2012