“For "comfort food", you can't beat it”
Review of Zia Diner - CLOSED

Zia Diner
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Serving upscale, down home comfort food, the Zia Diner, a Santa Fe restaurant located at 326 S. Guadalupe St. and in business since 1986, serves updated renditions of diner classics - think Green Chile-Pinon Meatloaf - along with an eclectic menu of southwestern and international comfort food. This high-energy restaurant and bar prides itself on its professional and friendly service and exceptional food. The Zia uses grass-fed, additive-free beef, free-range and additive-free chicken and eggs, and local, organic, fair-trade Agapao Coffee. Their bread is delivered daily from Fano Bakery in Albuquerque. All of our pies, cakes, cookies and pastries are baked from scratch daily in the Zia kitchen. When you're thinking of Santa Fe restaurants to eat at, think of Zia Diner, then come on down and eat with us. "See ya at the Zia!"
new mexico
“For "comfort food", you can't beat it”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We've eaten at the Zia for probably 10 yrs, and it's always been great. My wife likes the meatloaf and I usually get the chicken-fried chicken. Very much like a nice home-cooked meal, and their desserts are wonderful too.

Visited July 2013
6 Thank chasbabb

Dulce, NM
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We have been to the Zia Diner a few times, and it was a delight to return. We were visiting from out of town, with our family, and Zia just continues to be excellent! Great menu, fresh and often organic food, with new and interesting combinations. It was fun to share the diner with our family!

10 Thank Dulce_NMTurtle
Dallas, Texas
“Southnwestern comfort food”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Zia has been around for years and delivers basic diner-style comfort food with a southwestern twist. (Think green chile on lots of choices.) Service can be spotty, but they are usually friendly. The menu is not particularly varied but everyone should find something they like.

4 Thank Joe P
Santa Fe
“Terrible”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

More than twenty reviews of restaurants in Santa Fe and this is only my second one star review. I waited far too long to be served in a restaurant that was not busy at the noon hour. I ordered the shepherd's pie and it was only a passing resemblance of the standard dish. I paid almost fifteen dollars for what consisted of a dollop of mashed potatoes on top of a four ounce cup of ground beef. That was it. That was their version of shepherd's pie. It tasted bland. The waitress was curt and disinterested.

It had been a long time since I was there and it will be a long time, if ever, before I go back.

12 Thank NorthernNMCritic
Los Alamos, New Mexico
“Not Great-But not terrible.”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I had been to the Zia Diner some years ago and really thought they had hit a "comfort food" homer. However this time was not so impressive. The Fish and Chips were indeed flakey and moist but also could have had the grease drained a bit better. I really thought I would have to bring out a jackhammer for the pie crust. I was disappointed as I remembered the pies as a step above the usual. For the prices I really expected better. Could use a good sprucing up as the back seemed dingy. I will say the service was attentive and friendly but doubt there will be a return visit in the near future.

6 Thank Janice M