“Highly Recommended”

Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Serving upscale, down home comfort food, the Zia Diner, a Santa Fe restaurant located at 326 S. Guadalupe St. and in business since 1986, serves updated renditions of diner classics - think Green Chile-Pinon Meatloaf - along with an eclectic menu of southwestern and international comfort food. This high-energy restaurant and bar prides itself on its professional and friendly service and exceptional food. The Zia uses grass-fed, additive-free beef, free-range and additive-free chicken and eggs, and local, organic, fair-trade Agapao Coffee. Their bread is delivered daily from Fano Bakery in Albuquerque. All of our pies, cakes, cookies and pastries are baked from scratch daily in the Zia kitchen. When you're thinking of Santa Fe restaurants to eat at, think of Zia Diner, then come on down and eat with us. "See ya at the Zia!"
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I'm sure there are a number of good dishes on the Zia Diner menu. Someday, I may get tired of the green chili cheese burger and the meatloaf and try some of the other dishes, but for now I will stick with too of the best comfort food diner selections you will find anywhere. The Zia green chili cheese burger defines the category for me. It consists of a very tasty meat patty, a mound of chopped green chiles and melted cheese and an excellent bun with tomato, onion, and lettuce on the side. The chiles are not too hot, but you definitely know they are there. The made on site chips are an excellent addition to the plate. The meatloaf contains green chilies and pine nuts - enough said!

1  Thank bicwood
There are newer reviews for Zia Diner

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Zia is a diner with delicious comfort food. We ate here recently on a trip to Santa Fe mainly because Zia was featured on DIners Drive-Ins and Dives on the Food Network. Our lunch was outstanding. My husband had their famous meat loaf with chilis and pine nuts. I had the Idaho ruby trout. Both dishes were outstanding. The appetizer...homemade potato chips with blue cheese was rich and scrumptious. My only regret is that I don't live in Santa Fe so that I could eat here again soon!

1  Thank Soybeangirl
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Prices are reasonable. Happy Hour is great and worth every penny. Went early because we re still on Eastern Time and saw this on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on the Food network. What a great surprise. Had the deep fried pickles and artichokes Parmesan. The pickles were lightly breaded and the artichokes were so yummy. Great taste. Went into the dining room after Happy Hour and had the chicken tequila fajitas and the ruby trout with the black rice salad. Little Leary but the trout was cooked perfectly and the black rice was outstanding as was the trout. Yummy! The fajitas were flavorful and more than enough. Would love to go back again. So many things on the menu sound sooooo good. The prices are very reasonable for Sante Fe. Bar area is very comfortable. Dining area was pleasant. Would love to go back.

2  Thank tmterie
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We chose this restaurant because it had been on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and were not disappointed, I had the Turkey with dressing and mashed potatoes and it was very good. While I can't speak about the liver and onions my mother ordered because I wouldn't try it if it was all they served, she said it was good. My father had the chicken fried steak and it was very tasty as well. We ended the meal with a slice of strawberry rhubarb pie, which although I am normally a fan, this one I traded for the coconut cream pie which was dense and delicious! Overall the meal was good and I would certainly return.

1  Thank Kate T
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is a great spot for some southwestern-style comfort food. Good service, reasonable prices, excellent food.

3  Thank ORPambi