“Average Mexican”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The atmosphere is lacking and the table was sticky. The waitresses were nice and the service was fast. The smoothered burrito and the cheese enchiladas were good but nothing outstanding. The Flan was the worst I've ever eaten. It was made as a pie and it might have sat there for a few days. It was actually a tough texture and I can't describe it. I've never seen or tasted anything like it. We decided to eat here because it was close to the motel. We could have had a better meal at Taco Bell. Of course, I have to say this, after having eaten at Orlando's in Taos, Adelita's was really good!!!

1  Thank SuzEQB

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Attractive but simple decor, easy access and parking, cordial staff, great food. This is the first Mexican Restaurant I've found in this part of the country with real shredded beef in tacos and not fust seasoned hamburger. For more adventurous eaters, there were also available cow lips, tongue and tripe. Seafood dishes sounded good, but you can't try everything... hopefully, next time.

5  Thank Richard D
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We just moved to New Mexico with great expectations of wonderful food. I spent my youth in California and love the Mexican food I had growing up. I spent several decades in South Dakota dreaming of the day I would once again have some amazing Mexican food. We chose this restaurant because the parking lot was pretty full - thinking this was a good indicator of good food. We went inside and found that there was one large dinner party (almost finished with their meal) and very few other tables full.

The service was very slow and not friendly- we felt very unwelcomed. The dinner party was no longer in need of service so we expected some sort of attention.

Then came the question "red or green chili" it was at this time that I learned that a good portion of the New Mexican food is covered in this stuff. I asked for red and what I got was a sauce that tasted like I licked a metal can with hot sauce. No other flavor. I didn't finish my meal. My husband thought he ate better Mexican food in South Dakota - where we came from. Please folks to be bested by South Dakota Mexican food? You can do better than that!

1  Thank Angela O
Reviewed March 24, 2013

A lot of mixed reviews on this restaurant but we thought we would try it. The food was wonderful and our waitress was the best. She was very helpful and informative about the area - the food - always smiling and truly a pleasure to deal with. I had ordered the Steak Ranchero and it had so much flavor - the steak was so tender - their sauces and the salsa was excellent. I have nothing but good things to say about this restaurant and would highly recommend stopping here for great food.

6  Thank Vegasgram
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We got into Santa Fe late after a detour to Roswell and wanted some good Mexican food without leaving Cerrillos-motel road. The Day's Inn where we stayed was truly a dump, but the clerk gave us excellent advice when he recommended Adelita's, just a couple of blocks away. The food was superb, moderately priced with generous portions and they had - hear, hear - Negra Modelo on draft, something I have not seen before, and it was glorious. The staff was very kind and helpful and even though it was cold they unlocked the patio so that I could have a cigarette with my Modelo. I ordered just an appetizer, vegetable quesadilla, and it was the size of a dinner plate, with fresh veggies overflowing and grilled on both sides. Lots of locals and families, which is always a good sign. What a great place that puts some better known tourist traps to shame.

7  Thank COGR