“It is All it is Made Out to Be & More”
Review of Geronimo

Geronimo
Reserve with OpenTable
Geronimo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 578 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Camino De Monte Sol
Description: Elegant fine dining in a 1756 adobe home. Santa Fe's only Mobil 4 Star/ AAA 4 Diamond Restaurant.
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Creative and well-prepared and platted offerings in a beautiful setting, with outstanding and friendly service. My wife and I plan to return at least once each time we are in Santa Fe. Geronimo is not to be missed.

2  Thank Travelers77007
Write a ReviewReviews (1,768)

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have been to Geronimo many times and, consistently, it is terrific. Sitting on the patio is lovely. Service is professional and the food is terrific. The crab cakes are fantastic, as is the elk. Wine list is good. One of the top places in Santa Fe.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We think all of the superb reviews were accurate. We looked at the menu online and booked Sunday and Monday night reservations so we could enjoy more selections. Both nights were excellent.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Don’t you hate it when you make a reservation at an upscale restaurant for a special event (birthday) and someone says to you, “Oh, we went there and didn’t like it.” We went ahead anyway. What were they talking about? It was a superb meal and a wonderful experience. And, they were open on Monday evening.

Our table was in an area between the kitchen and another dining room, so there was a constant flow of waiters going by. I can say, the plates they were carrying looked very tempting. I almost tried the four-course vegetarian tasting menu ($60) but had the sea bass instead ($37). It flaked perfectly at the touch of the fork. The presentations were so artistic that I took photos of them. This is my first time to upload photos as part of a review.

We don’t know our waiter’s name. This isn’t a “Hi. my name is Dan and I’ll be taking care of you tonight” sort of place. The purpose of a good meal is not to bond with your wait person, however much they think that might help their tip. Our waiter was friendly, helpful, and observant. Just when I thought our dirty plates had been their too long, our waiter and another appeared and quickly cleared the table.

The Meyer lemon and lemon curd crepe was an outstanding dessert, much more lemony than the key lime tart was limey. I had a memorable night (turned the big seven oh). In a city filled with gourmet restaurants the competition is tough. Some of the reviews said Geronimo was overpriced, but I feel the quality was there. Besides, my brother David paid for it.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Even if you have a reservation for a table, start at the bar! the bartender, Camile served up great margaritas and witty banter. She was very charming but attentive, friendly and helpful as well. After a couple of margaritas, we sat on the veranda and, despite the rain, had a fabulous meal. Elk was very tasty. Lamb was tasty too but a little on the tough side. No need to get the sides with a main dish, there's plenty there, but both the mac and cheese and the spinach were delicious. Service was friendly and very good.

1  Thank Sam F