“Quiet Place with Excellent Food & Service”
Review of Geronimo

Geronimo
Reserve with OpenTable
Geronimo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 576 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Camino De Monte Sol
Description: Elegant fine dining in a 1756 adobe home. Santa Fe's only Mobil 4 Star/ AAA 4 Diamond Restaurant.
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We chose this Canyon Road restaurant for an anniversary meal. Booked reservation online a few weeks in advance of our visit to Santa Fe. They followed my request to the details. The food options and quality did not disappoint!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We ate here on a busy Friday night. The service was five star as was the food. The wasabi Caesar salad, Elk and banana tart are must try dishes. Great wine selection!

1  Thank ans695
Reviewed October 26, 2013

What a beautiful restaurant! It is too far to walk at night from the Plaza, so take a cab or drive. It's located about a mile down Canyon Road, past all the art galleries. Outside is very unpretentious , but inside is wonderfully Santa Fe elegant. Great martini's in the small lounge. The menu was very Southwest. I had the elk and my wife the shrimp. Both were amazing. We came back 3 days later and she had the lobster and I had the veal chop. Both were excellent and we were glad we came back!

2  Thank Jeff49085
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We lucked into a late dinner here because El Farol was hosting the annual blues festival, and Geronimo had some open tables. Our waiter, Brook, really knew his stuff and offered well-timed advice about the selections on the menu. I had the Elk, which was expertly prepared and very tender, and my wife enjoyed the lobster; we shared a side of garlic spinach. Every member of the wait staff was friendly and immediately responded to any need we for more water, wine, or the clearing of our plates. When we commented as to how pleased we were with the preparation of our dinner, we were offered a tour of the kitchen (since it was late and we were one of the last parties to leave). It really inspires confidence to see a clean and well organized (and well staffed) kitchen. This was our best meal in the course of an eight-day visit to Santa Fe.

2  Thank Captain_Fun_4400
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is a beautiful restaurant with fireplaces and cozy rooms. A great setting for a wonderful meal. That was not what we experienced. I was disappointed in the attitude of our waiter and the non-accommodating kitchen. As a travel professional I dine all over the country and have successfully eaten in most restaurants with my shellfish allergy. I was shocked when I ordered the lamb and was told it was cooked on the grill therefore I could not have it. In fact, that ruled out all the meat/chicken dishes on the menu with the exception of baked rock hen. I wasn't offered to have the lamb cooked in any other way or to have a section of the grill cleaned to prepare my meal. What amazes me the most, is that with the prevalence of allergies and people who are non meat eaters, that there wasn't a designated meat side vs. fish side of the grill. For a "world class" restaurant this was a first and is unacceptable. If I am objective about the food, the soups were delicious (mushroom and pumpkin or butternut squash), and the dessert was awesome - a lemon crepe that had burnt sugar on top. My entree, baked rock hen, was horrible. The chicken was "fleshy" and had no flavor. The accompaniments were also bland. When paying this much money for a special evening, a restaurant should be clicking on all cylinders. The chef needs to be more accommodating to people with special health needs, the waiter needs to be more welcoming and with less of an "air", all the food, entrees included, need to be top notch. If you want to splurge on a meal, I recommend you drive out to Terra at the Four Seasons and dine with Chef Cooper. The Chef is a wonderful person who checks in on the people dining at his restaurant, the setting is pretty without being stuffy and all of the food is excellent. Some of our favorites were the burrata salad, lamb, chocolate soufflé with green chile cream and churros sundae!

8  Thank NorthCarolinaRoxy