“Great service, wonderful food, plenty of parking”

Tomasita's Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 603 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Description: Tomasita's restaurant is a Santa Fe tradition serving classic Northern New Mexican cuisine. Stop by today for an unforgettable meal! Locally owned and operated in Santa Fe, NM, we take great pride in our high quality food, friendly and fast service, and of course our famous margaritas! Locals have consistently voted us as the premier restaurant for Best Red Chile, Best Green Chile, Best Margaritas, and Best New Mexican Restaurant! Our chiles are out of this world and you won't regret ordering either - or both! Tomasita's is a distinctly Northern New Mexican restaurant. Our recipes have been handed down for generation and serve as a reminder of the melding of cultures that together once depended on the corn, chile, beans, and fruit of the area. Since 1974, the Maryol/Gundrey family has maintained a commitment to the recipes and ingredients of New Mexico. Join us for lunch, dinner, or happy hour and try our traditional recipes with amazing flavor. Don't forget to top off your meal with a homemade dessert - sopapillas anyone
Reviewed November 21, 2017

We visited at 2 pm on a Tuesday afternoon ... the place was packed ... and now I know why. Food was wonderful and so was the service. I had the best soft corn tacos I have ever tasted ! Hubby had the HUGE Tuesday special plate and didn't leave a morsel !

7  Thank CLP502
Write a ReviewReviews (2,331)

Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

Their food is good, and their sopapillas are one of the best in town. They bring them towards the end of your meal, so you can enjoy them warm. Their honey butter is great too

4  Thank Vineesh A
Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

Amazing dinner. I had the chili rellenos, which were the perfect level of spicy and flavor. The sopapilla that came with the meal was fluffy and incredible. A truly great Mexican food experience. For those not used to green chili or spice, take their recommendation of ordering the green chili on the side. But oh, so super tasty and just awesome.

4  Thank busyteachergirl
Reviewed November 16, 2017 via mobile

I had an enjoyable feast dining at this family-style Mexican restaurant.

Our waiter was delightful and friendly, attending to our needs.

We each ordered the tortilla soup and the Mexican plate. My friend enjoyed chicken while I tried the beef version. Was it ever filling! The menu indicated lighter fare. It was not. The entree was large and rich. The posole was something I tried for the first time, and not sure if I enjoyed it. Maybe an acquired taste. The waiter explained that if one were invited to a locals house for dinner it would be likely served, and something that would be slow cooked all day. Made with love. The soup was also full of texture and fillings, but cold. My friend had asked for it to be served as an appetizer prior to our main meal, but everything was served at once. I would have preferred what we requested.

The bread was food-orgasmic. How can one not love deep fried bread with an unusual honey butter. We were greedy and ordered a second helping of bread.

6  Thank brendabeachbum
Reviewed November 16, 2017

Stopped in for dinner with friends. Easy to find, close to the rail yard, Ample parking. We were pleasantly greeted. Our order was delivered quickly, was hot and well plated. Wait staff was friendly and attentive. Decor was appropriate for this type of restaurant. Dining area and restrooms were clean. Price was appropriate for value received. We will dine here again.

5  Thank Gary H