“very pleasant meal and good value”

Il Piatto Italian Farmhouse Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Piatto Italian Farmhouse Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #97 of 577 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Washington
Description: Located one block north of the historic Santa Fe Plaza, il Piatto Italian Farmhouse Kitchen has been a local and national favorite for over 20 years. Travel and Leisure, Food and Wine, Bon Appetit, Esquire, The James Beard Foundation, The Albuquerque Journal, The Santa Fe Reporter, The New Mexican, Local Flavor and The New York Times are among the many fans of Chef Matt Yohalem and his well honed staff. il Piatto features a Sidewalk Patio, Wine Bar, Private Dining Facility and a Custom Iron and Glass WineCave. Everything possible is made in house, and we source as much local organic product as possible. Winner 2015 Award of Excellence Wine Spectator. Winner 2013 Local Hero Award. Pasta is made Fresh Daily and il Piatto hosts satelite Farmers Markets in season. Open for LATE NITE DINING, DAILY HAPPY HOURS, ALL DAY LUNCH, and WINE BAR DINING. Dinner 7 nites.
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Service was very attentive, and the price fixed dinner is a good value. I had halibut wrapped in proscuitto, which was outstanding. My wife had a shrimp dish which was also very good. Their Ceasar salad was better than most that you get in a restaurant, and an appetizer of hot and not so hot peppers was also very good. The only thing I would mention is that they list wine specials on the menu (30% off) and even with the discounted price you can find decent choices on their wine list which will be somewhat cheaper. Would definitely visit again.

1  Thank weiss800

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Went with friends and shared a couple of appetizers and several main courses. Every dish was beautifully conceived and prepared and the flavors of each were subtle and distinct. The duck pasta was, hands down, one of the most delicious things I have ever put in my mouth! Staff and management could not have been better, even on a busy and crowded weekend night.
The biggest thumbs up in years.

1  Thank Nativa505
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We came across this place by accident whilst trying to find another Italian restaurant recommended by our hotel. We took advantage of the three course fixed price offer which allowed full choice from the a la carte menu and daily specials. The service was attentive, the food good, and portion sizes just right. The desserts were different from what we would normally expect from their Italian descriptions, but the zabaglione in particular was very good. If there was to be one slight negative it would be that the wine list was on the pricey side.

2  Thank Graham1942
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

What a disappointment! While we waited 40 minutes for our 7:30 reservation, were not allowed to wait in the bar area and were expected to stand outside on the street. The manager refused service to our 23 year old son with a valid ID, insisting that he was not of legal age. When I asked to speak with him about the problem he acknowledged to the hostess he understood I was waiting, then continued to chat with different tables in the bar, taking 15 minutes to slowly make his way to me. He then had the audacity to laugh at my concerns and smugly lecture me on living abroad and how things are done there. We had had enough of his rudeness and took our party of 8 and our business elsewhere. There are many terrific restaurants in Santa Fe, I suggests you try one of them.

4  Thank SwimInTheSea
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Early dinner on a Monday evening was fantastic. 1/2 priced wine and select appetizers (If the squash blooms are available, you must try them), followed by the best ravioli I have ever tasted. Dessert was the final triumph. Il Piatto's cuisine was simply the best!

1  Thank Lcoates1960