“Excellent food, excellent service.”

Il Piatto Italian Farmhouse Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Piatto Italian Farmhouse Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #105 of 555 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Washington
Description: Located one block north of the historic Santa Fe Plaza, il Piatto Italian Farmhouse Kitchen has been a local and national favorite for over 20 years. Travel and Leisure, Food and Wine, Bon Appetit, Esquire, The James Beard Foundation, The Albuquerque Journal, The Santa Fe Reporter, The New Mexican, Local Flavor and The New York Times are among the many fans of Chef Matt Yohalem and his well honed staff. il Piatto features a Sidewalk Patio, Wine Bar, Private Dining Facility and a Custom Iron and Glass WineCave. Everything possible is made in house, and we source as much local organic product as possible. Winner 2015 Award of Excellence Wine Spectator. Winner 2013 Local Hero Award. Pasta is made Fresh Daily and il Piatto hosts satelite Farmers Markets in season. Open for LATE NITE DINING, DAILY HAPPY HOURS, ALL DAY LUNCH, and WINE BAR DINING. Dinner 7 nites.
NJ
“Excellent food, excellent service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2008

My wife and I ate here (without reservations) at the suggestion of our concierge. The food was excellently prepared, very tasty and the service great. It is a little pricey, but I don't consider that a negative for the quality of food. We had a great experience and would recommend.

2 Thank Gimli2175

Sarasota/Bradenton, Florida
“Great Italian experience in Santa Fe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2008

I liked the busy, cafe atmosphere. Staff was friendly and attentive, but not overbearing. Food was delicious. As a vegetarian it was great to have a few options to choose from. I had the asparagus bisque and pumpkin ravioli. My friend had the pancetta wrapped trout and it looked so good that the table next to ours as they were leaving commented on it. The prices were a little more than I would usually spend on a meal, but it was well worth it to treat myself. I look forward to going back for lunch sometime soon to have great food at a slightly less expensive "lunch" price.

2 Thank Goldstarvw
boston
“terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2008

This is your typical tourist trap. The food was just OK. Very average. The portions were very small combined with the fairly high prices made this a poor value. The real "gotcha" here though is the wine prices. For example the least expensive glass of white wine was $13. The bottles of wine were similarily priced, mostly $50 and way up for unremarkable wines. Even the dessert prices were off the chart for a very average restuarant. Bland, sterile decor only adds to the disappointment. Don't waste your time here there are many other good choices in town that provide a better experience.

1 Thank ji1731
Phoenix, Arizona
“Better the First Time!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2008

We visited this restaurant the last time we were in Santa Fe about a year and a half ago. The food and service were excellent, which is why we returned on this Santa Fe trip.

Although we made reservations more than a week in advance we were "stuck" in the front room of the restaurant, which is very cramped, has poor ventilation, has extra small tables and everyone being taken to their tables has to walk right by your table. The food was good---small portion - high price and both our meals were lukewarm. The wine prices were extremely high. This seems to be a Santa Fe constant - pricey wines. Our server was so-so. I dislike seeing a restaurant go from being outstanding to "just another expensive Italian restaurant".

When we left we asked the hostess how we could get a cab to take us back to our hotel and she said to walk back to the Plaza and there should be some around there. I was astounded!! Very poor customer service!!!

1 Thank michbren
Chicago, Illinois
“Could Have Been Much Better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2008

My husband and I ate there last week after the concierge at our hotel recommeded it. The place looks very nice on the inside and the outside, but it is kind of cramped once you are seated inside. The olive oil that is used with the bread was the blandest I have ever tasted. The salads and entrees were okay. I had the parmesan gnocchi in a wild mushroom cream sauce. It was just enough food for me. The menu is quite varied, but the prices are on the high side. The worst part about our dining experience was that the waiters stood at the near end of the bar when they were not taking orders/serving food and because they were only a few feet away, it felt like they were watching us eat. I know that they stay close by in case diners need them, but it was a very uneasy feeling.

1 Thank turtlebabe