“Our absolute favorite restaurant in Santa Fe”
Review of Midtown Bistro

Midtown Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Midtown Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 564 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Our absolute favorite restaurant in Santa Fe”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

My wife and I had some friends visiting from out of town. We took them to Midtown Bistro for dinner and absolutely loved it! We enjoyed it so much that we went back the next day for Sunday Brunch! The pork tenderloin was the best I have ever had. The ambiance was fantastic and our waiter provided excellent service. The wine list is wonderful as well. We enjoyed a bottle of the the Fire Road white. This is the best restaurant in Santa Fe. Loved it.

4 Thank Robert B

Santa Fe, NM
“A "local" restaurant gem, away from the Plaza and tourist flow...”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

This is a new restaurant for us, residents of Santa Fe. However, Midtown Bistro apparently has been open for about a year or so. It is truly "off the tourist grid" of Santa Fe restaurants--a feature which locals often say they enjoy most of all. We were pleasantly surprised--literally. Our storage unit is a neighbor ot this bistro! We did not take much notice. When friends started mentioning the restaurant's excellence, we headed over there with a reservation (needed!). The atmosphere is attractive, airy but intimate. Refreshingly cosmopolitan rather than "typically Santa Fean": comfortable red leather armed dining chairs, fresh flowers, candles, crisp linens, candle light, thoughtful spacing of tables. One of the restaurant's best features (for us and many over-50's!) is the calm of the background noise. The high industrial ceilings are "baffled" with a fabric-like material that seems to "absorb" sharp noises and conversations. What a find!! The service was gracious, witty and impeccable in a relaxed way. Our meals pleased the three of us: perfectly roasted tenderloin of pork wrapped in bacon with sweet potato puree (my husband substituted instead the saffron risotto) and broccolini; two of us enjoyed the perfectly seared diver scallops served on the saffron risotto drizzled with a delectable green olive cream sauce. The wine list was interesting and moderately expensive to expensive. No surprise! There are aperitifs, beers and wines. No spirits served as of now. We had no room for the dessert selections--there were no intriguing surprises, but next time we will be curious about their quality. We will return...often, I am sure. Being able to talk quietly and privately and without losing our voices talking over a din, was a pleasure to be repeated!

3 Thank Contessadioggi
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Outstanding, best calamari in town”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The food was amazing. The calamari was cooked perfectly and served with a special pineapple/pepper sauce, the pork and chicken ordered were also perfectly cooked. Overall, the food was amazing and the meal was flawless. The only downside was the service, we went when the place was nearly empty and simply watched as the staff grouped together in the back.

6 Thank leo r
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“"A Valentine's Dinner Date I'll Never Forget"!!!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My gilfriend sent me an early morning text on Valentine's Day stating if I would "be interested in going to Midtown Bistro-her treat". I immediately called and the owner, Edmund Catanach happily took my reservation over the phone and booked it for 8:30p

The ambiance of the restaurant was romantic and beautifully decorated in a sweet Valentines theme, with fresh roses on every table...

We were seated at a table next to a window. The table had four place settings on it as we were the only one's there, so we had plenty of privacy. The acoustics of the building made it great for a quiet, romatic evening. With a "packed house" full of guests, we never once had to raise our voice as the building (made with a tall pitched roof and large brick walls) filtered out all the noise...

The restaurant staff was quick on its toes as the service was extraordinary. As my glass of water and iced tea went empty, the waiter staff was immediately refilling my glass.

We ordered salad, taquitos, and mushroom soup for appetizers and everything was delicious and prepared well... My mushroom soup was "velvety" smooth and very tasty.

I ordered a filet mignon (medium rare), while my girlfriend ordered the salmon. My filet came with potatoes and asparagus and was prepared perfectly to my liking. It was also smothered in troufle butter which made the taste melt in my mouth.

I had a taste of my girlfriend's salmon and I couldn't believe how wonderful the flavors all worked so well together. It was by far the best salmon I've ever tasted-as was her comment as well...

After our meal, the owner of the restaurant (Mr Catanach)-came over and mingled with us and asked about our dining experience... He was so generous and kind, he even ordered us chocolate covered strawberries (on the house!!!) The price of the meal was great for the experience (food, service, and ambiance).

I highly recommend Midtown Bistro to anyone who visits the City Different (Santa Fe). It will be worth your time, the price is fair, and the overall value is excellent!!!

Bravo Midtown Bistro!!! A FIVE STAR EXPERIENCE!!! Rod Tafoya-

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Rodney T
“Lunch with the Girls”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Not the first time I've enjoyed the atmosphere of this lovely calm restaurant, certainly will not be the last! When you arrive they take your coat and hang it up for you, nice touch then they escort you to your table. Our server was polite she let us know the specials of the day and came back with our requested drinks. I had the crab cakes with a small side salad, tasty and plated beautifully, we ordered the key lime and caramel cheesecake to share between the five of us! Nice spot for lunch or dinner. The menu I believe has something for everyone, the food, service all really good, you don't always find professional servers in Santa Fe, keep it in mind for a good experience.

• Visited February 2014