“Tasty little lunch”
Review of Taberna - CLOSED

Taberna
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Taberna is introducing Nuevo Latino Cuisine in tapa form! Nuevo Latino is a fresh, modern approach to cooking the New World Flavors of the Americas. The cuisine borrows ideas and ingredients from the diverse and delicious Latino cultures of North, South and Central Americas.
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Taberna is a Spanish tapas place, which means that meals primarily consist of a lot of wonderful, unique, and artfully prepared appetizers. I'd say that two make a full meal and you could easily get by with one if you are wishing to eat a light lunch. There are also sandwiches and salads on the menu. When I went for lunch with a friend, I ordered Calamares a la Plantxa, which is calamari with a spicy pineapple aioli and Paella Classica, which had everything in it you would expect. Both were very tasty, but perhaps a tad on the oily side for me. This didn't distract from the taste, but definitely filled me up more than I am used to for a lunch. My less than 5 star rating is not because of that, but simply because, as good as Taberna was for me, it was not the kind of experience that I can't wait to get back to or insist that everyone must go and try it out. I think anyone who does will find it quite acceptable and there certainly is quite a menu variety that has me intrigued enough to want to come back and taste something else. Service was not as good as it could have been, as the server had to be reminded that I had ordered two tapas when it became obvious that the second wasn't coming after my friend had gotten his two. Restaurants need to know that when something as seemingly innocent like that happens, sometimes that is what we diners are left with, especially when the food is not to die for.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

You definitely want to sit outside! We had outside reservations but nothing was available so we ate in, bad mistake. The waiter was serving both in and out and we had a hard time getting his attention. The food was really good though. I would go back but I would insist on sitting outside! Loved the classical guitar player!

1  Thank hotczech
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We love LaBoca; however, little sister did NOT impress us at all. The service was average at best, the food was ok, the patio was great. We liked the choices at La Boca more.

8  Thank DrFreeOne
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Great tapas, prompt and attentive service. Worthy of the tapas we had on our recent visit to Barcelona. The courtyard could use some sprucing up !

Reviewed June 20, 2014

We dropped in without reservations for an evening dinner and were easily accommodated without waiting. We went based on the recommendation of a local store owner. The service was great and the food was very good - we had just been in Barcelona a few weeks earlier and the food here was very reminiscence of our Mediterranean trip. Very pleasant evening.