“Best hot chocolate” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kakawa Chocolate House

Kakawa Chocolate House
Ranked #1 of 28 Dessert in Santa Fe
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a specialty chocolate company with a passion for historic drinking chocolate elixirs and hand crafted truffles, caramels, baked goods and more! Come in daily for tastings of our warm elixirs or cold organic ice cream- Eat in or take out for the best sweet treat in Santa Fe!
Texas
“Best hot chocolate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

There is one hot chocolate that I have tried that was better than Kakawa. I was less than 10 years old, it was my first communion. The local priest made hot chocolate for all kids (Peruvian style) with loads of cinnamon. That was the best I ever hard. Closely followed by Kakawa. After that there is a huge, Gobi dessert size void. Then the rest that is not worth ever slurping again.

I love the almond milk blends, as well as the spicy Mexican blends. If you like nutmeg, go for Jefferson. Otherwise American. Chocolates are delicious, especially the goat cheese ones. Do not miss this little gem. Then again, as #1 on Tripadvisor, it will be hard to miss!

• Visited July 2014

• Korean first
Phoenix
“Best chocolate elixir”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Wow this was one of my food highlights in SantaFe. I ordered the regular chocolate drink in a small size. It was so good I had to have one more. It ended up being my lunch. The truffles were outstanding too and the service and staff were so nice letting people try out the different drinks. I tried some of the others but the regular classic was the best.

Visited July 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“A pregnant gals paradise.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here while on our baby moon mini vacation. We tried several chocolate drinks, but I cannot say we truly enjoyed them. I think we are more accustomed to overly sweetened milk chocolates. We split a hot chocolate that was recommended to us by the barista after informing her that we didn't really care for bitter or spicy. We kind of had to choke it down. I can definitely see how some would love these concoctions. They are so creatively blended, it's truly an art form. I will say this - they have some dang good chocolate truffles and crispy chocolate cookies. I'm not saying I ate six different truffles in one sitting, but I'm not denying it either.

3 Thank Sonya B
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

While I can't say we had quite the 'spiritual' experience that many reviewers mention here, this was some darn good chocolate.

They let you sample the drinking chocolate - id recommend trying a few since they stick very closely to the traditional recipes.

We ended up having the ice cream - YUM!! If you go the ice cream route, the chocolate sauce topping is worth every penny. Would absolutely stop here again!

Denver, Colorado
“Spoil yourself!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

This is some of the best quality chocolate I have ever experienced. The elixirs and the caramels are both heavenly. Our daughter also enjoyed some ice cream. It is crazy expensive, but as soon as it hits your tongue, you realize how amazing the quality is. A little slice of heaven.

• Visited July 2014