“Hot Chocolate and New Mexico Charm!”

Kakawa Chocolate House
Ranked #1 of 25 Dessert in Santa Fe
Description: We are a specialty chocolate company with a passion for historic drinking chocolate elixirs and hand crafted truffles, caramels, baked goods and more! Come in daily for tastings of our warm elixirs or cold organic ice cream- Eat in or take out for the best sweet treat in Santa Fe!
Reviewed December 31, 2013

What a charming place. In an old adobe building not too far from downtown is this place positioned somewhere between the old Aztec chocolate culture and our modern chocolate craze. First timers are offered samples before ordering, but since all the chocolate blends are delicious, you can order anything and know you will happily sip away until the very last drop is gone. This place is really all about hot chocolate and was so perfect that cool November day we dropped in. I am a frequent visitor to Santa Fe and have already added this as a "must" for all future trips.

1  Thank WanderingP
There are newer reviews for Kakawa Chocolate House

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on out way out of Santa Fe and it was fantastic!! We walked here from the plaza- it was a little off the beaten path but not a far walk (about a half mile) and Canyon Road is on the way. There is also a large parking lot if you drive. The servers were very attentive and offered my 5 yr old niece a special tour through the back where they make the chocolate. Which she lived and also made her feel very special. They were also very knowledgable about each of their hot chocolates and took the time to hand out samples and explain each one. and they were all very unique and DELICIOUS.

Overall, I would highly recommend stopping here if you are in Santa Fe. The hot chocolate and regular chocolates are hand crafted, different and authentic. It was a great experience for my whole family!

1  Thank Blbarrow03
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

These are neat unique people making absolute fantastic elixirs unlike any other. Think the like of beautiful italian natural coffees with an in your face sensuality

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Chocolate is my number one weakness and I can honestly say that I have never had such a delicious brownie and hot chocolate in my entire life! A definite stop on your journey to Santa Fe! Feels like you have walked into Hansel & Gretyl's house!!!

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Best hot chocolate I've ever tasted. Really friendly service, too. The owner gave us free horchata and brownies. Definitely stop by here if you're visiting Santa Fe.