“Definitely visit!”

Kakawa Chocolate House
Ranked #1 of 26 Dessert in Santa Fe
Description: We are a specialty chocolate company with a passion for historic drinking chocolate elixirs and hand crafted truffles, caramels, baked goods and more! Come in daily for tastings of our warm elixirs or cold organic ice cream- Eat in or take out for the best sweet treat in Santa Fe!
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Y'all! We are still dreaming of the amazing chocolate elixirs and the yummy chocolate candy. It's a Santa Fe must...an easy walk from most hotels and the friendliest service in Santa Fe. (Thanks, Sophie!)

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Kakawa is always on my tour list for visitors. I have enjoyed their hot chocolate to their ice cream. The hot chocolate is a must-no matter the outside temp--you gotta try some. I really recommend the small cup of whatever tickles you from the many samples you may try. A lg cup is really, really large and a high dose of chocolate. I really like chocolate but that would OD me immediately. I like the chile chocolate and the very unsweet Mayan chocolate. The ice cream is wonderful too. Liked the salted caramel with caramel but the caramel hardened once it hit the cold ice cream so I would pass on it next time. When you are fortunate enough to live in SF there will always be a next time at Kakawa. So glad it is here.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We had to sample a variety of hot chocolates here, because why not? They had a whole variety! They had a bunch of spicy ones on tap, but the Aztec one really singed out a few nose hairs. The large coconut macaroon with chocolate coating was truly divine.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We always make time for a visit to Kakawa because it feels like you are visiting old friends (who live in a house filled with chocolate!). It is a very cozy place where you can sit and talk over an amazing hot chocolate elixir while simultaneously enjoying the chocolate treat of your choice. Everyone who works there is warm and friendly. You have to try a taste of all the the elixirs (it is something between hot chocolate and a melted chocolate bar) before making a decision. I like to mix the American with the Chile to get a sweet and spicy mix. All of their chocolates and brownies look great. I like the dark chocolate covered caramel with sea salt. When you finish your chocolate washed down by liquid chocolate, you feel like you have had a big warm hug!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Really nice staff and owner. Wonderful chocolate. Interesting flavors. Great heat. So worth trying as much as you can including the hot chocolate.