“Great way to begin and end the trip”

Kakawa Chocolate House
Ranked #1 of 25 Dessert in Santa Fe
Description: We are a specialty chocolate company with a passion for historic drinking chocolate elixirs and hand crafted truffles, caramels, baked goods and more! Come in daily for tastings of our warm elixirs or cold organic ice cream- Eat in or take out for the best sweet treat in Santa Fe!
Chicago
“Great way to begin and end the trip”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was our last stop before we headed out of town. Next time it will be the first place we visit. It is a small, cool shop with about 10 varieties of hot chocolate ready to sample before you order- some dark and spicy, others milky and sweet- all so much better than you've had before. The sweet treats (brownies, cookies, including gluten free) were delicious. Two cases of chocolates are very tempting. Art work, cocoa mixes, etc are available to buy and would make good souvenirs. The host was a very nice guy and stole my daughter's heart with a free cookie.

Visited June 2013

• Korean first
Leavenworth, Kansas
“Divine, Decadent & Delicious!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We visited Kakawa Chocolate House based onTrip Advisor reviews, and it exceeded our expectations! The décor was charming, reflecting the local culture and the service was excellent. The young lady that served us was very knowledgeable, and provided us with a lot of useful information to guide us through the tasting. It was great that we were able to try the different chocolate elixirs before selecting the drink we wanted to order. My husband had the rose almond elixir and loved it! I ordered the chili elixir and loved it as well. We shared an earl grey truffle and the caramel pecan truffle...they were delicious! You can also buy packaged mixtures of the elixirs to take home (which we did). Kakawa Chocolate House is located close to Canyon Road, so it is a great spot to visit while you are exploring the local art galleries.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank CDN_Adventurers
Grove City, Ohio
“Chocolate lovers rejoice!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Love this darling place. Fantastic, interesting drinking chocolates. My daughter and husband really enjoyed the chocolate ice cream. The owner was incredibly friendly and clearly knows how to treat customers.

• Visited June 2013
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Too fancy for me!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Maybe my chocolate palate isn't refined enough, but we didn't care for the elixirs (chocolate shots?).

Visited May 2013
5 Thank 454LanceS
gardnerville, nv
“must try”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I travel full time for my work so it is rare that I find a uniqie wonderful food experience. As luck had it, I was in santa Fe for over two months. Kakawa has great chocolate elixers ( not to be confused with your mom's hot chocolate drinks). My favorite so far is the Chili chocolate. You get to try any of the elixers before you decide which one to purchase. The truffels are also excelllent. This is a tiny place but well worth finding. Strangely enough, they were not in my Garmin. I found it by browsing the restaurant guides.

• Visited May 2013