“Not Your Grandma's Hot Chocolate!”

Kakawa Chocolate House
Ranked #1 of 26 Dessert in Santa Fe
Description: We are a specialty chocolate company with a passion for historic drinking chocolate elixirs and hand crafted truffles, caramels, baked goods and more! Come in daily for tastings of our warm elixirs or cold organic ice cream- Eat in or take out for the best sweet treat in Santa Fe!
MI
“Not Your Grandma's Hot Chocolate!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Think "Chocolat" with Johnny Depp and Juliette Binoche.
The elixors they make to create the drinking chocolate are exotic and unexpected.
Put Kakawa on the top of your places to visit in Santa Fe and you won't be disappointed!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank lolayaya

• Korean first
Bloomington, Indiana
“Oh My God, A Must”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This place is amazing. The hot chocolate is so amazing that I bought two bags to bring home with me. The stuff I brought home is equally amazing. There's not really a whole lot to eat per se, but trust me, find a moment when you want a little snack and head here. The ice cream is equally divine.

Arvada, Colorado
“Chocolate Lover's Dream”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

As we shared our free sample of a dark chocolate drink, we walked back and forth in front of the display cases trying to decide which handmade delicacies we were going to share. We settled on two items, a dark chocolate turtle and a dark chocolate brownie. The crisp nuts in the dark chocolate turtle were held in place by gooey caramel that melted in our mouths. Later we shared a rectangular brownie that was inundated with deep dark chocolate. It’s a shame that we did not pick up some milk on the way back to the hotel.

I was addicted. If we had time, I would have definitely returned. I'm glad that I don't live in Santa Fe. I'd be a frequent visitor and my waistline would suffer tremendously.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank sandyB56
Orange, California
“We Agree”
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

You have to include this place on your Santa Fe list of stops. Kakawa sounds Hawaiian but it is actually an ancient word and it must mean "ineffable." Drink this chocolate and you will never be the same!

Gilbert, Arizona
“OMG”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

If you like chocolate, no - if you LOVE chocolate, then you must stop here and enjoy some liquid chocolate. They let you try everything before you select your fav. That and a fresh made Brownie and we were flying on a chocolate buzz the rest of the afternoon.

1 Thank Terry M