“Expensive, but wonderful!”

Kakawa Chocolate House
Ranked #1 of 28 Dessert in Santa Fe
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a specialty chocolate company with a passion for historic drinking chocolate elixirs and hand crafted truffles, caramels, baked goods and more! Come in daily for tastings of our warm elixirs or cold organic ice cream- Eat in or take out for the best sweet treat in Santa Fe!
Plano, Texas
“Expensive, but wonderful!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My daughter and I went here solely because of the Trip Advisor reviews. We each got a brownie ($3.50 for a very large brownie, best deal in there I think). I got the Irish Creme brownie which was wonderful. However, my daughter got the Sweet and Salty brownie which may be the best thing I ever tasted!

Definitely worth the trip and spending a little more than I normally would.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank SusanMom

• Korean first
Overland Park, Kansas
“Chocolate Elixir Enjoyment”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

You walk in and the aroma of chocolate intermixes with the sight of a well appointed, quaint, yet elegant shop inside an adobe structure. We got a nice education about the chocolate drink choices of the day including the cultures that created the recipes, along with tasting some of the different varieties. My wife and daughter choose the American, while I chose the Chili, and we sat at a table relaxing and slowly sipping the Elixirs from the small cups while watching the same level of service being provided to the customers coming in after us. We bought some take home mixes of the American and Chili to enjoy once we return home. Also, for those wanting/needing Gluten and Dairy free choices (a necessity for us), the Elixirs are, as well as some of the other chocolate treats. For us on vacation, about as good as it gets.

• Visited March 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Amazing,delicious and unique”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Omg I don't know which kakawa I love the most, Santa Fe or Taos. This is the best chocolate place u can imagine and the ambience makes u want to stay the day. Hmmm that's a great thought just keep sampling everything delicious especially Bethany's cakes!
Jude
Santa fe

• Visited March 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Let your chocolate GPS guide you...”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Wonderful staff, quaint setting, free tastes, and brilliant ingredient combinations. I chose the 3oz Citrus elixir and the Irish Cream gluten free brownie. Do not miss this sweet spot of Santa Fe! With every bite and sip!

“Chocolate artistry”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Delightful art gallery rest stop. Delicious, unique chocolate drinks and hand crafted chocolates. Friendly, helpful staff. A true treat worth savoring every bit as much as the area's art and historic sites. Chocolate fit for the true connoisseur, packaged in a cute, approachable context. Family friendly.