“Total chocolate indulgence”

Kakawa Chocolate House
Ranked #1 of 25 Dessert in Santa Fe
Description: We are a specialty chocolate company with a passion for historic drinking chocolate elixirs and hand crafted truffles, caramels, baked goods and more! Come in daily for tastings of our warm elixirs or cold organic ice cream- Eat in or take out for the best sweet treat in Santa Fe!
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My friend in New York told me I had to visit Kakawa in Santa Fe - she was right! Luckily we found it on our last afternoon... after being given tasters of several of the incredible chocolate elixir flavours (chilli, rose, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon etc) - we ordered a couple and some of their chocolate coated chillis... sitting down with these thick delicious soupy chocolates, was the perfect way to spend our last bit of time in Santa Fe. The staff are super friendly and it's somewhere you could enjoy whiling some time away, reading and indulging the senses... I miss it, I wish there was one local to me, but somehow with that Santa Fe magic it's the perfect place to be :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,026)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Delicious top shelf chocolate thoughtfully prepared by very nice staff. This place is quaint and relaxing and you will smile as you sip on 100% dark chocolate with chile and mexican vanilla. The owner gave us free samples as we waited and made sure we were satisfied when we left. I can't imagine that we wouldn't be, and this will be a must-go destination for us every time we are in Santa Fe.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stopped here on our way out of town - wish we could have stayed longer. We munched on truffles and other chocolates for hours. Gourmet artisanal chocolate and cocoa - complex, bold flavors - memorable. The owner is attentive and informative. They play with chiles, lavender, sea salt, wine ... playing off and with the chocolate. Their cocoa mixes are a trip - some playing on ancient recipes, while others are modern and playful.

Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I saw this as the number one dining place in Santa Fe, I don't get it. Yes it's cute, overpriced and quaint. But, to be the number one dining place is a stretch.
A three ounce cup of coco is $3,50.

8  Thank mnguy48Sartell_Mn
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We happened by this place while just bumming around town, and wow, what a fun find! Tiny shop with lots of yummy things to look at and taste. The drinking chocolate is a MUST!