“Great Piano Bar in Santa Fe”

Ranked #132 of 587 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I can't say much about the food at Vanessie's but it does have an excellent piano bar. For me, the greatest attraction at the piano bar is pianist/singer Doug Montgomery who has been performing at Vanessie's for a very long time and still manages to keep it all fresh and engaging. He's a great talent.

6  Thank Mindy H

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We dined at Vanessie's twice during our 5 day stay. Food was outstanding. My husband had the sea bass - the best he's ever had. Kudos to our server Lee.....one of the best servers we have ever come across (and I've worked many years in the restaurant world). If you don't go for the food, at least stop in the lounge for some of the best entertainment in Santa Fe.

6  Thank mjmonski
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Mediocre food, service and kinda stodgy. I keep wanting to see this great location turn into something fun. The bar is a mixed crowd...older before 8 pm and then it gets younger (40's ) as the night goes on. There are much better food options in town.

11  Thank dogma505_11
Reviewed December 27, 2012

The weekend before Christmas, my husband and I went to Santa Fe for our 14th Wedding Anniversary. We stayed at the Inn at Vanessie. The accommodations were excellent. We celebrated out special evening at the Inn at Vanessie Restaurant located in the same complex so we went only a few steps from our room. We had heard alot about the restaurant. First, we went to the bar to hear the live entertainment. It was a gentleman by the name of Doug, who is well-known in Santa Fe. He plays the piano and takes requests. He was delightful and we could have listened to him all evening. The bar was beautifully decorated for Christmas.

We moved into the restaurant which is full of large windows and artwork. The atmosphere was lovely. We had a hard time deciding what to order but with the recommendation of our waiter, Lee, we ordered the New Zealand Elk. We enjoyed the delicous hard-crusted bread and Arugala salad. Then our main course arrived. The Elk was superb. The meat was so tender you could cut it with your fork. We finished off our celebration with some sparkling wine and the best Bananas Foster I've ever had. It was a five-star meal.

I've traveled all over the world and had the pleasure to eat at many wonderful five-star restaurants. This meal was one to remember. The atmosphere, the entertainment, and the service were excellent. Thank you for a most memorable meal and anniversary.

7  Thank Vicki Q