“Fun on a Sunday brunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Fun on a Sunday brunch”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

A small but adequate menu along with very interesting pasteries made for a cheerful, cozy Sunday brunch. We tried the breakfast burrito, a quiche, and an order of migas -- all very good and true to what we expected. After our meal we picked up some of thier bundt coffeecake and Meyer lemon sugar cake. What a treat that was! Haven't had any for years and this was as good as any I had in the south. We WILL be back.

Visited September 2013
7 Thank GAIL W

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Our favorite breakfast spot in (sort of) Santa Fe!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

First, you won't find a more welcoming and friendly staff... anywhere. A true reflection of the owners. But a happy staff does not make for a great breakfast. Start with excellent coffee or espresso drinks or some interesting blended juices. This morning I finally had the breakfast burrito... pretty much standard fare anywhere in Santa Fe. This was one of the best that I've had. Plenty big enough for two (because you DEFINITELY want to have some of their pastries!). The burrito had hash browns in it which gave it a nice crunch and the bacon they use is very tasty.
About the baked goods... it was hard not to try the bread pudding this morning... it looked amazing. I have had the lemon tart and as a serious lemon anything lover, this really is satisfying. I am not usually a scone fancier... but try the bacon/date scone... especially when it come right from the oven. I have not had everything (yet) but look forward to trying something new upon each visit. Maybe the quiche next time... and the outdoor area is dog friendly... as long as your dog doesn't bother Tiger, the cafe cat!
If you're making the drive out from town and want to work up a bit of an appetite before visiting, I suggest checking out the Galisteo Basin Preserve for a early morning hike. Really beautiful and not overly strenuous. Just head toward the Cowboy Cabin and walk from there.

• Visited September 2013
10 Thank BVinSantaFe
Cleveland, United States
“We wanted to go back”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We only had 4 days in Santa Fe, but we wanted to go back again. The food is outstanding -- local ingredients, prepared to order. My husband declared the his grilled chicken breast sandwich the best sandwich he has ever had. I had the chopped salad with grilled chicken--the chicken was clearly local. Make sure you order the French fries! Open for breakfast and lunch. You order you food and they bring it to your table.

• Visited September 2013
12 Thank Dale W
Denver, Colorado
“This is now our place to stop! Quick from I25!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

What a great find! At the El Dorado Lamy exit.... Fast on and off the I25 (unlike any other place to eat in Santa Fe), this place is good enough we would be willing to hassle the traffic in Santa Fe anyway. GREAT food. I had a fish sandwhich that was the best I've had in a long time, and my friend had green chile burger-- both on ciabatta buns for under $10. Hang out for a while... Magazines to borrow on wall, lots of windows and comfortable. Strongly recommend for great food, and location.

• Visited July 2013
8 Thank krykie
Albuquerque
“Good first visit”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were out for a lunch motorcycle ride planning to go to Harry's Roadhouse, but decided to give Cafe Fina a try as there were so many cars in the parking lot - always a good sign! It was a little confusing at first to figure out that you order at the counter and then find a table. We split a Reuben sandwich and it was served on two plates with fries. A nice touch rather than being delivered on one plate and dividing it up at the table. The corned beef was a cut above and it was grilled to perfection! The pastries looked divine - will have to try one or two sometime when an afternoon snack is needed.

• Visited July 2013