“Yummy Enchiladas” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chris' Cafe - CLOSED

Chris' Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Southwestern, Cafe, Spanish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our cafe is located across the street from the Hampton Inn. Look for "The Lofts" sign, or, just look for a wall of yellow Penske trucks. We're behind that wall!
Fort Collins, CO
“Yummy Enchiladas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We decided to check out Chris' Cafe based on TA reviews. I don't know that they have the "best chicken enchiladas ever, ever", but they were really good. They only have seven tables and no ambiance but the genuine friendliness of our server and the cook made us feel right at home. There was no grumbling about us splitting an entree which was refreshing. Prices were very fair. It's been added to our "must" list for Santa Fe visits from now on. If other offerings are as good as the enchiladas, we'll be very happy.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Cyd'sTips
Chris V, Owner at Chris' Cafe, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Cyd's Tips, first off, thanks for putting us on your must list. And thank you for taking time to leave a review about your experience with us. We do call it the best enchilada ever, but I know that my grandma's are the best ever, so...but seriously, I value all reviews, and I value the fact you took time to do so, so thank you.

Ebensburg, Pennsylvania
“Great breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We had breakfast at Chris' before heading to Albuquerque on the train one morning. Friends, my husband and I were staying at the campground directly behind Chris' and heard that it was a good place to eat. The info was accurate. My husband and I shared an omelet (they are big) and added some bacon and coffee to finish the meal off. We were offered tortillas or toast with the omelet. The service was friendly and quick. Prices were very reasonable.

Visited October 2013
7 Thank plbbob
Chris V, Owner at Chris' Cafe, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
plbbob, I thank you for a wonderful review. We're glad you chose us out of many establishments in Santa Fe. We do hope next time your in town, you come by and dine with us again. And once again, thanks for choosing us.
Heber, Arizona
“Didn't Meet Expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

During a short stay in Santa Fe, companion & I visited a highly rated Trip Advisor restaurant for breakfast. We found ‘Chris’s Cafe in a nondescript strip center on a major street. I prefer small restaurants & we both love Mexican food, so we were looking forward to a delicious breakfast. Both of us ordered Huevos Rancheros... one with the spicier red sauce and one with the milder green sauce. The over- medium eggs were cooked perfectly and the potatoes were fine, but the pinto beans and sauce tasted like they were out of a can. The red sauce had no flavor or heat, and the beans were the same. The green sauce was bland. We had to ask for our tortillas, as they had been forgotten. I should have gone with my gut feeling when we arrived, since there was only one other person in the restaurant.
The server was friendly and offered coffee and water refills. Although sparsely decorated, the venue appeared clean. A few pieces of attractive pottery were for sale on a shelf. I am still wondering how this restaurant was rated so high.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank TiaMio
Chris V, Owner at Chris' Cafe, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
TiaMio, thank you for reviewing our little cafe. I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectations. I can assure you that we use top quality New Mexican red and green chiles, and we prepare them on-site. There isn't a can on premises whatsoever.
Our recipes are derived from basic Northern New Mexican cooking, and the difference between "Mexican" and "New Mexican" are opposite spectrum. A reminder has been made to our kitchen staff regarding seasoning and spices, and the importance of following these recipes.
We do stand behind our food, and value, and it was an up-hill battle before food arrived.
“Chris' Restaurant ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Excellent breakfast and great value!! Wonderful, fast service. Even got serenaded by the waitress! If you have trouble finding it, it is behind all the Penske trucks

5 Thank jcbowlby
Chris V, Owner at Chris' Cafe, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Jcbowlby, thank you for giving us a top review. We're glad we were able to earn that. We're also happy that you took the time to review us. We look forward to your next visit to our little cafe.
“FIVE SPOONS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the RV Park behind the restaurant and it was just a short walk to the restaurant. Went here on the advice of the Trip Advisor family and we were not disappointed.
We had the Huevos Ranchero breakfast with blue corn tortillas, fried potatoes, great beans and the superb green chile. It was excellent.
Service was very good too.

Visited October 2013
4 Thank Bonkmeister
Chris V, Owner at Chris' Cafe, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Bonkmeister, we're very happy to have earned a top review, especially from a Senior Contributor. We value the opinions of our customers, and it's nice to know that when we have done well. So we thank you very much, for taking the time to review, and to give us a great review at that.