“Terrific Food, great value and a friendly atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chris' Cafe - CLOSED

Chris' Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Southwestern, Cafe, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our cafe is located across the street from the Hampton Inn. Look for "The Lofts" sign, or, just look for a wall of yellow Penske trucks. We're behind that wall!
Santa Rosa, California
“Terrific Food, great value and a friendly atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

The Huevos Rancheros were terrific and my husband devoured the Chicken Green chile enchiladas. Everything others have raved about the food is true. Definitely will be back when the appetite is ravenous because the portions are generous.
Our waitress was very friendly and the cooks were talking to customers like they were all regulars and friends.
The only negative of Chris' is the distance from the center of town. Great if you are staying at the Hampton Inn or Courtyard, but we were near the Plaza and so it was a bit of a drive. The location is a nondescript strip mall, nothing to look at, but all this is overcome by the great food. i give this a 10 for food, a 10 for value, an 9 for friendly atmosphere, and a 5 for ambience.

Visited May 2013
8 Thank CW B
Chris V, Owner at Chris' Cafe, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
CW B, I'm so glad that you enjoyed your visit with us. We do work hard on all our dishes, and I'm glad you took the time to let others know about it. I'm also happy you took the time to drive from downtown to our location...Thank you. I do look forward to your next visit, and when you do come back, let us know it's you. I'd like to thank you personally.

Denver, Colorado
“Santa Fe's Finest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I use Trip Advisor whenever I am on Travel; however, I've never took the time to sign up. After my experience at Chris' Cafe, I had to sign up, to let people know how great this place was. Chris' Cafe is very unassuming, and if you blink you'll miss it. Where it's lacking in size, it makes up for it big time in flavor, and service. Our waitress, Nicole provided FANTASTIC service, and gave a great reccomendation: The Best Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas, Ever, Ever. As the name states, it really is the best enchilda, ever ever. When I visit Santa Fe, I will ensure that I visit Chris' Cafe, and try different things from their menu. Delicious!

9 Thank bfletch303
Chris V, Manager at Chris' Cafe, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
bfletch303...thank you for taking the time to sign up to TripAdvisor, and leaving us a wonderful review. You touched on some good points, and I know you made Nicole's day when you mentioned her name (she just loves it). We do boast about our Best Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas Ever Ever, and we've taken up another notch since then. This is our signature dish, and I'm glad your first experience with us was with that dish. I hope to see you next time you come down to Santa Fe. Give Peyton Manning our best, and thanks again!
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
“Favorite restaurant - home away from home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

People have always asked me what my favorite restaurant in Santa Fe is. I've never had a definitive answer, until now. Chris' Cafe is the absolute best place in town. Chris is obviously very passionate about his food, and very conscientious. The burgers are incredible, the pancakes are awesome, and everything else on the menu is simply amazing. I've tried almost everything on the menu, and I still have a hard time choosing when I'm there. My favorite meals are the carne adovada & eggs, the pork chop adovado and eggs, ground beef enchiladas, huevos rancheros, tacos, DIY omelet with bacon, ham, tomatoes & jack cheese...... *sigh* It's all delicious! I love to cook, and I'm pretty picky about the food I eat. Chris' Cafe is definitely our home away from home. Everybody at Chris' (Chris, Marissa, Larry, Jackie and Jeff) are attentive and fun to be around. I highly recommend Chris' Cafe.

6 Thank S0n_Fl0werz
Chris V, Owner at Chris' Cafe, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
SOn_FlOwerz (aka Rose)...First off, thank you for spending time to leave us a wonderful and heartfelt review. We know that in Santa Fe, there are many, many restaurants to choose from, and the fact the we are your favorite just makes us warm and fuzzy inside. We work hard-really hard, to make every dish as wonderful, and consistent as we can, and I'm glad there are people that notice. And for anyone else reading this, let me tell you, this reviewer is an awesome cook (I've had the liberty of tasting her food. She knows how to cook), and the fact that she feels us to be her home away from home, is saying alot. Thanks Rose.
St. Catharines, Canada
“Worth searching for this gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

We happened on this place accidentally, not having read as yet the glowing reviews of other travelers. We were SO impressed by the personal touch... We felt as though we were regulars. My wife had pancakes, and Chris brought out a homemade honey butter he had made at home. My wife loved the hint of orange and felt it lent a wonderful, distinctive touch to a meal available everywhere. I had a breakfast quesadilla. Delicious, with guacamole in the filling which made it extra-special.
It is well worth searching out Chris's Cafe, almost hidden behind a forest of rental trucks, with a campground out behind. It is right across from the Hampton Inn on Cerrillos. A simply wonderful local find-- you will love it!

Visited April 2013
8 Thank Mochamyrrh
Chris V, Owner at Chris' Cafe, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Mochamyrrh, we're happy you stumbled on us. And I'm happy that you left a review regarding the honey butter. We're hoping to introduce that in the next few weeks as we upgrade a few items on our menu. I think your review hit all the buttons regarding our "hidden" cafe. It's slowly, but surely, coming together--all thanks to wonderful customers like you who take the time to review. Thanks again.
Colorado
“Great food, off the beaten path”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I were here in April for lunch. I had the special green chile chicken enchiladas and they were excellent. My husband has huevos rancheros, which he said were also very good. This is a tiny no-frills place in a strip mall, so if you are expecting atmosphere, this is not your place, but the food was very good. Not a huge menu, but plenty of things to choose from, plus the specials on the board. Attentive wait staff. We will likely be going back.

7 Thank dogsareup
Chris V, Owner at Chris' Cafe, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Your review title says it all. I feel our food is top notch, but our location is a tough one. We would like to do more with the ambiance, and our staff, as well as our regulars, have given us some wonderful ideas to work with. We hope to up that atmosphere rating on your next visit. Thanks again for taking time to review us.