“Jinja - we'll be back”

Ranked #122 of 574 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Jinja is a sleek yet casual local spot serving Pan Asian dishes. Has a full bar with an extensive cocktail menu which features Pre-Prohibition & Tiki style drinks. Affordable Kid friendly menu is available.
Reviewed July 6, 2014

During a recent family trip to Santa Fe, we visited Jinja. Please don't make the mistake of getting it confused - expecting more of an Oriental/Chinese buffet. Jinja was very pleasing to the palate - and everyone at our table had something different. Pad Thai, Shaking Beef, Pot Stickers, and a curry noodle dish - all very high on our list of favorites tried that day. All large portions that filled some big appetites up easily - although, we didn't have to pack any home with us either.
The atmosphere was pleasant and upscale looking. Again - great way to distinguish vs. a Chinese buffet.
The waitress we had was OK - at times slow & at times a little agitated (it seemed). I'm sure we all have "off days". The service didn't reflect negatively on the quality of the food.
As you may have read - prices are higher as well - again, different than an Oriental buffet option.

1  Thank JayhawkJim
There are newer reviews for Jinja Bar & Bistro

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Yesturday was my first time going to jinja for dinner and between the service, ambiance, and delicious food I was impressed. Rare that I'm craving the same restaurant the next day! I never write reciews but i felt this place deserved it. The manager stopped by our table to check on our experience and it was nice to see how proud they are to be a team. I've worked as a server myself many years ago and have standards I tend to be harsh on but this place has got it together. I tried the red curry beef; it was delicious and hit my craving for spicy food! And we shared appetizers that were all great. Spring rolls were my favorite especially once the server told us how to roll them up with what I thought were just garnishes. Definitely try Jinja if you haven't before. I know I'll be going back soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

I'm a local in Santa Fe and it's always a challenge trying to figure out where to eat during the lunch hour. We resort to Jinja at least once a week. Our favorite dish is the Shaking Beef. It's light enough for lunch but also very filling. Anther favorite is the Tokyo Crispy Tofu. If you are someone who thinks you do not like tofu, try this! I promise you will love it! Service is always an A plus!

2  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed June 17, 2014

You'd think I'd try something new when in a place like Santa Fe, but I was taking out some friends who were locals and it was late, and so we went for a place we knew that didn't cost a weeks salary. The service was really good, fast and friendly, my friends enjoyed their meal, but my food was just nothing to write home about. I've been at a couple of different Jinja restaurants in ABQ, but they were better. Better layout, better view, tastier food.

1  Thank ABQSadieJane
Reviewed June 12, 2014

As locals we have eaten at Jija a half a dozen times now and found it not worth it.

Atmosphere is OK. The bar is nice.

• Expensive for what you get in quality.
• Putting crisp/fried wontons on “everything” does not make up for it.
• The $10.- mai tai was good, but was served with an old, dried out piece of pineapple.
• Cocoanut soup was good.
• Pad Thai not authentic. Made with wide band noodles, too much chicken, non existent shrimp. Not tasty!
• Asian “Caesar” salad has a thin, sweet sour dressing made of sour cream. “Tiger prawns” were actually tiny shrimp. Lettuce was old and tasteless. The preserved ginger was very good.
• Food quality at Jinja is only fair but pricy.
• Salty—the food is very salty!
• The waiter got surly and short when we didn’t want dessert.

Jinja was very disappointing all the way around—for the last time. We will not return! There are too many superior restaurants in the area.

1  Thank Vistafoo