“Great Asian Food”

Ranked #88 of 587 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Jinja is a sleek yet casual local spot serving Pan Asian dishes. Has a full bar with an extensive cocktail menu which features Pre-Prohibition & Tiki style drinks. Affordable Kid friendly menu is available.
Reviewed July 12, 2008

We had dismissed Jinja because it looks cheesy, like a chain restaurant, but I secretly wanted to try it, so was thrilled when my husband's uncle, who has lived in Santa Fe his entire life, suggested we meet there for dinner. It was delicious. We started w/ edmame and pot stickers. Both were salty, but a good kind of salty--perfect w/ a cold beer. Then the three of us shared the Szechwan BBQ ribs, the Singapore Noodles (yellow curry w/ pork), and the Shaking Beef. All were excellent, and we had a hard time ranking them. The beef was cooked perfectly--medium rare--and was tender enough to cut with your fork, and the ribs were also very tender. Definitely will be coming here again.

3  Thank smmass

Reviewed July 7, 2008

LOVE THIS PLACE A+++++++

4  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 5, 2008

Great Pan-Asian cuisine with nice ambiance. I have not been let-down yet at this location or their Albuquerque location.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 22, 2007

Good upscale Asian Food. Reasonable prices. Sometimes they give you the bill when you're still eating but otherwise a favorite. The chocolate cake is "to die for".

3  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 1, 2006

I've visited Santa Fe many times, but just discovered this little gem during my stay this past weekend. My three friends and I were craving a non Tex-mex meal (don't get me wrong, we do love the food, but after four days of cheese and chilis, we wanted something different). We settled on Jinja for its pan-Asian style cuisine. I'm a bit of a food snob and was beyond disappointed to find out this restaurant was in a strip mall -- about a five minute drive off the plaza--but I couldn't have been more surprised. The atmosphere is warm and the decor makes you forget the strip mall. The very attentive manager noticed we were a little perturbed about the half-hour wait, and found us a table after about ten minutes. I have never posted any reviews on this website, but after being so surprised by the food at Jinja, I had to write about it. Two dishes were a standout -- shaking beef and tiger shrimp -- both made with a lemongrass marinade and served with Jasmine rice--they were delicious. Oh, and don't forget the wasabi mashed potatoes (but pass on the Pad Thai). An excellent choice when you're tired of the standard Santa Fe fare.

10  Thank LL06