“Must try the avocado tempura”
Review of Jinja Bar & Bistro

Jinja Bar & Bistro
Ranked #100 of 564 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Jinja is a sleek yet casual local spot serving Pan Asian dishes. Has a full bar with an extensive cocktail menu which features Pre-Prohibition & Tiki style drinks. Affordable Kid friendly menu is available.
Gold Canyon, Arizona
“Must try the avocado tempura”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My mother and I decided to try Jinja on a recent visit to Santa Fe. We went on a Sunday for an early lunch. We were feeling a bit adventurous and decided to try the touted Avocado Tempura. It was such an unusual dish but so tasty. It's hard to describe but if you like avocados then go for it. I also had a prickly pear margarita which was one of the best I have had. You could get the entrees in a small or regular sized portion and we got 2 small ones. They seemed large to me so we were happy. I eat a lot of Asian cuisine and the tuna and shrimp entrees that we shared were good but nothing remarkable. It was not crowded and although we were not in a hurry, the service was a bit slow. All in all I would go back if only for the avocado tempura.

2 Thank Debbie H

Loreto, Mexico
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Don't be fooled by the sort-of strip mall location--thre is some great food and nice atmosphere hiding in Jinja. Very nice red curry, some killer Vietnamese spring rolls, and nice ptostickers that actually looked as if they had been properly stuck to the pot. In Santa Fe ( a town with a lot of good dining options) we made a second visit. Easy access, parking lot, way above average asian food, and a nice, refined atmosphere. Worth the trip.

2 Thank rich034
providence
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Jinja B&B is a Pacific Rim fusion restaurant serving excellent food in a nicely appointed space. Every entree we tried was well prepared and very tasty. Entrees are offered in small and large portions. Favorite dish was Tiger Shrimp consisting of 6 (large portion 10) good size prawns grilled in lemongrass chili with sides of pineapple salsa and mint cilantro vinaigrette. Another good plate was rice paper salmon. Lots of appetizer choices including a decent size portion of edamame. Service was exceptionally friendly, well timed, and unpretentious. Unlike the upscale places in the city center, Jinja had a good wine list with moderate prices. Don't know why, but wine is ridiculously expensive in Santa Fe restaurants. The restaurant is located at 501 N. Guadalupe (at the exit/entrance ramp to Rt. 285/84) in a little strip mall. Take a look in the large window next door for a surprise...

2 Thank wanderabout
Santa Fe
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Since Dara Thai went downhill I had simply stopped eating Asian food in Santa Fe and waited until I was in Albuquerque. Recently, a friend suggested this place to me and I scoffed having driven by it many times while going to De Vargas mall. It doesn't look promising from the outside. In fact, my visit was excellent. The waiter was attentive, thoughtful, and made an excellent suggestion. The food portions were the right size and the Red Curry beef was scrumptious. The miso soup was superior too. My one complaint about the experience is that despite there being no line I had to wait to be seated because the impertinent young host insisted on talking to his mother on his cell phone (I am not kidding) rather than seat a customer; the manager had to come out and seat me. This isn't the greatest food I have ever eaten in my life but it nice to know there is at least one decent place in Santa Fe that still serves Asian food. I will go back and eat here again.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank NorthernNMCritic
ammurphy67, Manager at Jinja Bar & Bistro, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
On behalf of the Team at Jinja I want to thank-you for your feedback on your recent trip to our restaurant. After reading your review it sounds like that you enjoyed your overall experience, and although we missed the mark on your seating, I want you to know that I appreciate your feedback as it is instrumental in helping us to improve. The management team is working with our staff to correct the issues you experienced in that area, and to ensure next time pay us a visit we are more focused and able to provide you with the best experience possible while you are in our care. Please feel free to contact me at the restaurant anytime if I can be of further assistance.
Many Thanks,
Andrea Murphy
505-982-4321
Sedona, Arizona
“Top Notch ~ One of the BEST Dining Experiences in Santa Fe”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've eaten at about every restaurant in Santa Fe, low & high priced, and Jinja is one of the BEST! The decor and ambiance of the restaurant surprises since it is located in a shopping plaza on the outskirts of SF's main hub. I've returned for my 3rd time, and once again they exceeded all expectations for great quality, service, and going above and beyond to make us feel welcome. We had a new born with us on this trip and they couldn't have been more accommodating. They gave us a nice large area to spread out so we would be comfortable. Because of this, our party was able to enjoy a nice dinner and the baby was also happy & didn't cry. This was the best meal I have had in Santa Fe in a long time. Jinja offers exotic specialty drinks such as Mojito's and the best blended mango margarita I've ever had. Their appetizers are delicious...please try their avocado tempura ~ FANTASTIC! They offer eclectic Japanese/ Asian specialties with creative flare & lovely presentation. The Pad Thai couldn't possibly be any better and they give you ample portions so you won't go away hungry. Homemade salads and soups are also generous, fresh, and mouth watering. The wait staff couldn't have been more gracious and attentive ~ true professionals! The restaurant and bar area are tastefully decorated with warm woods, rich color & design, and there are nice wood plantation shutters at the windows that manage the light well and produce a more intimate dining experience. Jinja is worth adding to your Santa Fe itinerary.

2 Thank WorldSprinter18