“Great experience”

Kokopelli Rafting Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Kokopelli Rafting is Santa Fe and Northern Newmexico's finest Rafting Guide Service. Raft the Rio Grande and Rio Chama enjoying our great river canyons as well as the best guides around.
Amarillo, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had never been rafting before, but we will definitely go back and not hesitated to use this company. Ed, Ned and Avery were very professional and also a lot of fun. The water was a little low but they made our trip very enjoyable. Well worth doing it again.

Keller, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Dissapointing”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was more of a float trip. I was in a single kayak and a raft guide purposely ran into me and tried to capsize me when I became stuck on a rock. Very unprofessional. He and the other people in the raft thought it was funny. I would pick a different rafting company next time.

1 Thank Gary N
Omaha, Ne
92 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 176 helpful votes
“Technically good, but not very engaging”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We have rafted twice before this, once on the same stretch of river and this was the least interesting and most tedious experience. One good thing: Kokopelli gives out helmets for their rafters, which makes it safer. The other company doesn't use helmets, it seems.

Granted, the river was low so there was a bit of start and stop on the trip, but our guide was less than talkative and this definitely made the trip less enjoyable. Additionally, we had two kayakers behind our raft and they were constantly needing attention, which meant we had to start and stop our trip. I wondered why they didn't have their own guide.

Lastly, there was supposed to be food and refreshments on the trip, which we didn't have, but that was a minor point. I would recommend one of the other tour companies if you do this tour.

El Paso, Texas
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Excellent rafting trip”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our full day trip. We have 5 people on our raft. Our guides were fun and knowledgeable.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank dfodor
austin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

We went on the Racecourse route yesterday afternoon with our two kiddos. The guides were fabulous. I noticed
Someone said they were clean cut - I agree. Our raft guide handled my almost 7 year old son's incessant questions with a smile and kindness. He was knowledgeable and just fun to be on the raft with. We all had a blast. I will both recommend and use this company in the future!