“The best I've ever tasted and a feast for the eyes as well!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 190 Shopping in Santa Fe
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The best I've ever tasted and a feast for the eyes as well!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have tried alot of hand-made, artisanal chocolates in my long life. I love chocolate. But the ones made by this establishment are absolutely exceptional in their subtle flavorings. Best sea salt and something resembling heath bar, then a small linear thing that must have had a hot pepper in it, and many more flavors that I couldn't identify. I received a box of assorted pieces as a gift so I couldn't tell what I was eating until my tongue was treated to the explosions of flavor. I ate the chocolates after I'd visited the shop where I didn't buy chocolate because I knew that I had a box waiting in my room. But the decor of the shop, the day of the dead ornaments, the friendliness of the owner, and the feeling of being transported into a wonderland of another time period made this a highlight of my weekend in santa fe!

Visited July 2013

Santa Fe, New Mexico
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 247 helpful votes
“Great confections for special occasions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Yes, it's expensive, even a tad quirky (as is much that is Santa Fe), but we love it for wonderful special occasion chocolaty treats - any time, but especially at Easter. I always get a chocolate bit to eat on my way out the door, but when shopping focus on the amazing and amusing, and am rarely if ever disappointed.

Visited March 2013
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Interesting Decorations Not Much Local and Not Too Interested in Doing Business”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

With three trips over two days to visit the store, we finally lucked into someone interested in working. No business hours were posted anywhere and the sole person working in the shop said they are open sometimes in the afternoon, sometimes on the weekends, sometimes on Sundays. She also said the store was only open because she volunteered to work. One person working on a busy holiday weekend seems short sighted but enough people review this as a place to see and they will stay in business. This is a very elaborately decorated shop with chocolate and other confectioneries imported form all over the world. Only two or three items in the case were locally made, a real disappointment. The Pez dispensers seemed to be a big draw and again were not made by the owner either. This is a place to walk by for the decoration and skip donating money to the cause.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank caitlin c
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Mostly NOT locally made”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

After hearing all the reviews of this place in the press, I was eager to find some local products for holiday gifts. Alas, the selection of locally-made items was amazingly limited: gold heart santos, little Buddhas, and nut clusters. I did purchase several of the gold heart santos, which were beautifully packaged and very tasty ($12 each). But I found the selection to be disappointing. Why buy food in New Mexico that was made in France?

Visited December 2012
1 Thank abqtarheel
Los Angeles, CA USA
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“A Fun Place to Shop for Different Chocolates”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is not your neighborhood chocolate shop! The chocolates here are different and from around the world - great for enjoying and great for gifts. The owner is very helpful - give him your tastes and he'll make recommendations. If I could only go to one place to shop for chocolates in Santa Fe, this would be it. The store is also a Disneyland of design - fun to look at everything. Only one caution - it may be hard to find, as it does not have road frontage, but is located in a courtyard. Make the effort to find it; it's worth it!

Visited December 2012