“Inn of the Five Graces is, simply, perfect.”

Inn of the Five Graces
Ranked #1 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed June 21, 2009

My husband, two young children, and I stayed two nights at the inn during a very short trip (visiting family). I fell in love with this place instantly. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay between two 14 hour car rides.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by Dolce, the cutest, friendliest Chihuahua Maltese mix and Anthony, the manager. We had asked for early check-in and our room was ready as promised. Check-in was a breeze. Parking was steps from our door.

The courtyard was the most peaceful experience you might imagine...in the quiet beauty of the courtyard I completely forgot I was in the middle of bustling downtown Santa Fe. The turquoise lounge chairs, pillows, and lavender scent wafting through the air were like the Santa Fe equivalent of lounging in a hammock on the beach.

The room (we stayed in Aria) was amazing. The wood, tile, and stone throughout exuded such warmth and character. The bed and linens were comfortable and soft with pillows of down. The refrigerator was stocked with sodas, water, juices, candy bars, Nutri-Grain bars, pate, and cheese. Above the fridge were wasabi peas, crackers, coffees, teas, and more. The toiletries included the typical shampoo, conditioner, and soaps as well as a few unexpected items (lip balm and bath salts for instance). All were fabulous and made of plants native to nearby Taos, NM.

The breakfast was delicious. The first morning I had the Huevos Rancheros and my daughter (age 8) had the manager's recommendation, Minnie Mouse pancakes. She was delighted at the sight of it with blueberry eyes, strawberry nose, orange mouth, and strawberry butter hair bow. She took a bite, her eyes rolled back in her head, and she said, "Mmmm! They taste like chocolate." Wonderful recommendation Anthony! Thank you! My husband had the French toast made with Hawaiian sweet bread (also Anthony's recommendation). He loved it so much that he had it again the next morning. The second morning my daughter couldn't betray the Minnie Mouse pancakes, but did enjoy a bowl of fruit along with it. My son joined her in making the same choices. I, on the other hand, had to try one of the other delicious sounding dishes on the menu. I opted to try the white corn grits with cheddar and jalapeno and a side of bacon. Delicious indeed!

We experienced great service throughout our stay. Our room was always meticulously cleaned not only each day, but also each evening at turndown. Speaking of turndown service, each night when we returned to our room we entered the room to find soft relaxing music, turned down bedding (of course), slippers, a plate of cookies bedside, and replenished treats. Every staff member we encountered seemed to be the perfect mix of professional and casual familiarity. Spend a few minutes with the manager, Anthony, and it will be apparent that he leads by example. Even my children, timid of strangers, felt at ease with Anthony. I was amazed at his, not only willingness, but eagerness to give a degree of personal attention to his guest that is so rare today.

Everything about Inn of the Five Graces was, simply, perfect.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank alm8178
There are newer reviews for Inn of the Five Graces

Reviewed May 28, 2009

My husband and I were just married at the inn in a small ceremony for just the two of us. I can't imagine a more perfect setting for a romantic ceremony and private getaway. All of the staff went above and beyond to accomodate us and made our day very special. I reccomend this place for anyone that needs to get away and relax in a a funky town with great sights. If you like to be spoiled you will love this place!

1  Thank FLCAP
Reviewed May 23, 2009

My new wife and I were married this May at the inn, and It could not have been a better time or place. The inn itself was incredibly beautiful and comfortable. My parents had to take pictures of the one of a kind bathroom.
The plaza and all the tourist attractions are within walkind distance,( and I'm lazy). The town around the inn is full of history, mystery, great food, and wild west charm. One of the most beautiful and laid back places I've seen.
What really makes a stay here a truly unique experience is the hospitallity of the staff. Absolutly second to none. Everyone does their job to perfection and it shows. Our entire wedding was taken care of for us, from getting our licence to the wedding cake, and everything in between. We just had to show up. They even had a puppy for me to play with. It was perfect.
I would recomend "the Inn of the Five Graces", to anyone who wantsto relax and have an unforgettable time.

• Stayed: May 2009
3  Thank happiestgroom
Reviewed May 20, 2009

We stayed at the Inn for a 3 night getaway. I am not sure where to start in singing its praises. The location is perfect a short walk to the plaza with its fine restaurants, shopping, museums and superb people watching at the Historic plaza. The accommodations were perfect. Just what we needed as a break from our day to day life. A comfortable bed, luxurious tub and a superbly quiet courtyard to relax and rejuvenate. The peacefulness was a surprise being in the heart of a bustling visitor town and state capital. You could come here and never leave the Inn... until you remember you are in the heart of one of the most fantastic cities in the US. In a city that boasts great hotels and accommodations... many times falling short of the buzz... the Inn is a special find. It exceeds expectations at all levels.

We appreciated the acceptance of our bicycles. Being cyclists they are like a favored pet.

The breakfast included with the room was excellent and Britt loved the coffee.

We dined at the Pink enjoying my past favorite the Steak Dunnigan. Superb as always. The courtyard is a wonderful addition given the wonderful weather. The fire pit added more ambiance and romance.

We also enjoyed one of our past favorites the Bistro 315 right across the street.

We look forward to our return. we would recommend this Inn to all.

3  Thank djack7
Reviewed May 18, 2009

My fiance and I decided to get married in Santa Fe and I stumbled upon the hotel website while googling Santa Fe weddings. The staff made me feel like a princess from the second we arrived. We had a lovely wine and cheese reception hosted by Jennifer the General Manager. Meeting the other guests was so fun and Jennifer was an expert on Santa Fe. We were married the following day at the courtyard of the Inn and Anthony, Asst. General Manager, took care of anything I needed for my wedding day including champagne snacks and calming my nerves. The hotel set up the flowers and the photographer and all I had to do is show up! The hotel staff is now part of the family and I'm so glad they were a part of my special day. The breakfast is amazing too. I can't say enough about how wonderful it was and the amazing hearts of each person that works here. And the room was stunning. Antiques abound and the tapestries evoke a sense of history and wonder. This is the best place on earth!!

1  Thank slp9075
Reviewed April 3, 2009

I can not really add anything to what others have already said - this place is just perfect in every way.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2009

Having been to Santa Fe many times and stayed in various "pricey" spas, it was refreshing to find The Inn of the Five Graces everything it was advertised to be. We stayed in the private casita Scheherazade although somewhat on the cramped side it was lovely, filled with shades of magenta, turquoise, hot pink, bright orange colors, we felt as if we were in a bazaar in Istanbul or an oasis somewhere in the orient. The windows had intricately carved wood shutters; the bed was to die for, deliciously soft sheets and down pillows that you wanted to claim as your own. The bathroom was ornate with intricate mosaic tiles with splashes of vibrant colors with a deep soaking tub and separate shower. Just beautiful. Lots of hot water....Loved the refreshment alcove with the copper sink and mini fridge stocked with juices etc. The staff was attentive; greeting you by name, breakfast that is included is a great deal. The fresh fruit was delicious, plentiful and the green chili on the eggs awesome. We have dined at the Pink Adobe many times over the years, this year the food was prepared to perfection, The Steak Dunnigan well we are still talking about it. The service was impeccable. Thank you all At the Inn for a wonderful couple of days. Smart move for the owners to retain Jennifer from the Pink Adobe as General Manager, she and her staff are on top of everything. On Monday morning we woke up to a dusting of snow it was magical, we can picture the place in full bloom in spring and summer must be devine with all the smells of wisteria and jasmine vines. Thank you for a great stay. We will be back. The Dining options are too many to list, however since we are all about the food we can highly recommend Santa Cafe, Cafe Senna and of course The Pink Adobe. Bon Appetite and Enjoy The Inn.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple