“The Art of Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
New Orleans, Louisiana
“The Art of Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Inn of the Five Graces was one of the finest hotels I have ever stayed in, and I have been around. There is service and then there is the art of serving ,and this staff has mastered the art . Myself and four other siblings went on a retreat with eachother about our family bussiness and this staff could not have been more attentive to every need we had . The five of us stayed in two different suites and really had a great time . The town is really unique , quaint , and clean . The hotel sent us to do an evening horse back riding trip in the mountains with Broken Saddle riding Company . They were great and the ride was beautiful , don't miss it .

Room Tip: The Amber suite was a two bedroom with one bath , three of us stayed in this room which has a sleepe...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Thousand Oaks, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This was one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever stayed in. It is a small Inn that is warm and cozy and very romantic and the decor is unique and special. Also, the service was better than many five star hotels I've stayed in. The food manager went out of his way to reserve a room for our party of 14 for breakfast before we left for our daily activity. He also followed us to the airport with our luggage when we could not fit it all in our rent a car! Joelle and Josh were also very accomodating. What an adorable town and gorgeous accomodations. Our group of friends had a wonderful time - no doubt in part because of our amazing accomodations here. I will definately return - next time with my husband.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Inn of the Five Graces was one of the very first hotels I learned about when I started in the travel industry and I have wanted to stay there for many years now. A cross country Route 66 Adventure combined with an upcoming anniversary seemed like the perfect excuse to live one of my ultimate hotel dreams. It lived up to and exceeded every expectation.

The Inn was created by Ira and Sylvia Serat. Designers, artists, world travelers and curators. The family also owns and runs Serat and Sons which is one of the craziest bazaar like store of world treasures one could ever hope to find. We were lucky enough to meet Mr. Serat there and thank him for the creativity that we so enjoyed. His wife Sylvia is the artist and mastermind behind the elaborate tiled bathrooms in each original suite. Every suite at Inn of the Five Graces is totally unique and has its own theme. Some have kitchenettes, some have private gardens, some have canopy beds, some are larger than others and all of them pack a major wow factor. The antiques and inspired details in the rooms are to die for.

The hardest task was picking which room to stay in. I booked Birdsong as a surprise for my husband and I can honestly say it is the best room I have ever stayed in. Its beauty brought tears to my eyes. Birdsong has a long entrance hall with a kitchenette area. The mini bar is complimentary and stocked daily with all kinds of goodies. This hall leads to the living room with a large lounging area, a dining area, stereo and kiva fireplace. There are plenty of books to read, a skylight and a large window that looks out on stone elephants looking back at you. This connects to the bedroom that had the most comfortable bed either my husband and I ever slept on. It swear it made made from angel wings and fairy wishes. Tons of fluffy pillows. There was an armoire with stunning inlaid stone flowers and recessions in the wall next to the bed with night lights and a place to keep a phone or drink. in front of the bed was an iron door that opened onto our private patio. Great for watching stars or an intimate breakfast in PJ's. The most amazing thing about an already jaw dropping room was the bathroom. The mosaic tiling was so extravagant I could look at it for hours and still find new things. We stayed two nights and took like 4 baths and 2 showers just because we loved being in that bathroom. The tub was nice and deep and the separate shower had the perfect pressure. We spent ages in the shower looking for the different little animals hidden in the tiles. There were also tons of cushy bath goodies and luscious robes making bath time even all the more fun. The Serat's combinations of colors, fabrics and embellishments are often unexpected but always beautiful. Its the Middle East, meets Asia, meets the Southwest, but it all works so harmoniously.

The Inn of the Five Graces does not offer a ton of modern hotel amenities such as a pool, event ballroom, or onsite restaurant. But it does have a partnership with a local restaurant for room service and we took advantage of this. As expected, it was delicious! They do have a treatment room for massages and small fitness center. Stays here also include breakfast. Not a tiny buffet breakfast, but a huge breakfast that can be enjoyed in the small dining room or in your suite. We had ours on our patio and my husband is still obsessing over the breakfast burrito christmas style. There are multiple courtyards to explore and plenty of nooks to find your own peace and quite. Bench swings, oversized loungers, tables and small fountains fill these courtyards, making every space very welcoming. Guests do enjoy a lot of other perks such as free parking, free wifi, and free beverages in the lobby (coffee, tea, lemonade and ice tea).

The staff made Five Graces even more special. Everyone we met was warm, fun and helpful. Sarah was wonderful helping with our reservations and she was kind enough to show us some other unoccupied rooms during our stay. Kim was always incredibly helpful and took care of requests faster than one would think humanly possible. Joelle and Eric were also great to talk to and very helpful. These are hospitality superstars and you can tell they have a real family atmosphere there.

Staying here was a real dream come true and I can't thank their staff enough. I think I will forever dream of Five Graces and hope my path will lead me back there again someday to experience another suite. The Serat's created something very special and unparalleled here and it was a true honor to be one of their guests and be inspired!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
La Jolla, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This unique hotel is one of the best I've had the pleasure of experiencing. This was our first time but it won't be our last. The facility itself is really interesting and very different from most others. Comfort and relaxing!
The people were what we found to be truly amazing however. Everyone we met was totally involved in making everyone's stay as perfect as possible. We also really enjoyed to all inclusive and no tipping policy. That's right NO tipping. I'm all for tipping but it was really relaxing to not have to be always thinking about how much to whom.
Thanks to the Five Graces team for making our stay truly memorable. See you as soon as we can get back to SF.

Room Tip: We had the two bedroom Rosemary and looked at the stand alone residence for future consideration. J...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Wow - This place is amazing. It all started when I made my reservation and Joshua, my guardian angel, took over. He planned everything and made this long birthday weekend the most perfect imaginable. The rooms, decor (fabrics, tilework, fireplace), courtyards, art are magnificent. Breakfast was delicious! The service, however, were the best part of this experience. The pampering was non stop. Sherif, the owner, was always around and could not do enough. We felt at home. Special thanks to Joshua for making my birthday so special.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Want to stay close to home and still feel like you're worlds away? THIS IS THE PLACE!!!
Five Graces is 100% on point from the décor and location, all the way down to the comfort of the mattress.

The Inn is walking distance from the heart of Santa Fe - if you can even be tempted to leave the heavenly rooms!

By the way...one lovely perk of staying here is the fact that this resort doesn't nickel and dime you once you get there. There is a no tipping rule and all items in the mini bar are included, so no $75 bill at the end of your stay for drinking bottles of water.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We were stunned by the beauty of this Inn. Just being surrounded by the furnishings, each one a work of art, made us happy. But the service was outstanding, better than anywhere I have ever stayed. The Concierge staff went above and beyond to help us with anything we needed. I would highly recommend the Inn to anyone planning a Santa Fe trip.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family