“The Most Romantic Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
San Luis Obispo, CA
“The Most Romantic Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The Five Graces is an absolutely wonderful hotel and maybe the most romantic and artistically designed hotel in the world. The staff is gracious, especially the managers, Sharif, Forest and Brian who are always available when you need them and their staff is friendly and quick to assist with anything you need. The level of detail in the rooms is amazing! You can spend hours just looking around at the tile work, woodwork, art and tapestry's. We've never seen anything like it in a hotel. The location is also maybe the best in Santa Fe being downtown but on a quiet side street.

You must stay at the Five Graces in order to understand. It truly is one of the most amazing hotels we've ever seen.. and we travel a lot.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PFrancis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

We are serious travelers, both business and pleasure. We have learned that by spending a few more dollars on the hotel you can turn a good vacation, into a wonderful vacation. Our first time to Santa Fe, our first time to NM. Five Graces did not disappoint. Upon arrival we were a bit disoriented as signage was a little confusing. Very quickly, two gentlemen were at our vehicle, with instruction to leave everything in the car. We were given a tour of the property, ending up in our (upgraded) room, where our luggage mysteriously appeared. No gratuities are accepted....period. Unparalleled service. Pleasant breakfast experience. The floors creak, the bathroom is small. BUT, if you want to feel like a pampered, resident of Santa Fe, this is your place.

• Stayed February 2013
4 Thank NSVKAT
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

What a fabulous stay. Everything I dreamed of and more! My husband and I stayed here for a romantic get-away. Our every need was graciously met by the staff. The property is stunning. Miraculously, the staff is humble and super accommodating-not EVER stuffy or pretentious, as in other fine Inns we have stayed at.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Alexis R
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This Inn is fabulous !! The people are so very nice and bend over backwards to accomodate you. Friendly and courteous - informative and helpful ! What a beautiful place to stay as you travel Sante Fe. we really enjoyed our time here and would not stay any where else

Room Tip: The rooms are all decorated beautifully. You will love it !!!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Judy B
Lake Worth, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I cannot say enough about the experience I had at The Inn of the Five Graces this weekend - it was exceptional in every, single way!!! The staff is warm, generous, accommodating, funny, attractive, youthful and yet professional without being pretentious or snooty. They tend to your every single need, never say no to a request, and strive to go the extra mile to make your stay special and memorable. I had the most interaction with Joshua, and he was great - he even took the time to show me how to build my own fire in the kiva fireplace! (Note: I wanted to learn to do this, yet had I wanted the staff to do it for me, it would have not been a problem at all). He also checked on me intermittently to ensue that I was enjoying my stay, not in a disingenuous way, but I think he truly enjoys what he does and wants to make sure the guests are happy and satisfied.

It is definitely pricey, but when you review all of the amenities - the little "extra" things that are well thought out to make your stay stupendous, it is worth every, single penny. I stayed in the Aria room - cozy, quaint, beautifully decorated with a fireplace near the bed and an overall comfy size and feel to the space. The bathroom was really unique - lots of little quirky shelves to put all of your things on, and a bathtub that came equipped with water jets and unlimited bath salts. There are sky lights that can thoughtfully be "curtained" at turn down so you won't be woken by the light shining through in the morning. There is also a small, obscure fridge that holds unlimited snacks, like cheeses, candy bars, water, juice, granola bars...you name it! Additionally, they offer a variety of delicious made-to-order breakfasts that you can choose to have delivered to your room - including yummy espressos and cafe lattes.

I feel that it's important to emphasize that this is not a hotel, it's a truly exceptional experience. Every room is thoughtfully created with artistic heart and genius. There is so much detail, so many nuances, that every time you walk into your room you see something new that you hadn't noticed before. I honestly thought twice before throwing my coat on the bed or putting my glass on the table, because everything was so well-intentioned and unique - I didn't want to inadvertently ruin anything! But don't get me wrong, it was a very relaxing to retire to every evening - the bed was the softest, most comfortable bed I've ever slept on - it invited a good night's sleep the moment you sunk into the the warm feather bed and pillows!

Lastly, out of curiosity, when I was touring around Santa Fe this weekend I went into a few of the other upscale hotels...just to see if I was "missing" anything. Absolutely not! They all seemed very contrived and commercial, and nobody greeted me warmly, or even looked me in the eye as I roamed around the lobbies. So, take the time to really treat yourself to The Inn of the Five Graces and make a memorable experience that will last a lifetime.

Room Tip: The Aria Room is great - at ground level, yet there are no rooms above you...private, comfy, cozy, w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank Barbara L
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I can only echo the other 5 star reviews and say the suites are fantastic, the service attentive and the food for breakfast absolutely delicious.

The location is only a very short walk into the centre of town. Passing the other competitor hotels we thought they looked pretty average and bland, and were glad to have spent the extra on the Inn...

Easy to get to with car and valet parking is comp. Only thing to point out is that don't expect a view from the rooms as the hotel is relatively low lying and surrounded by other buildings.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mike142
Pembroke, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We spent a warm inviting week at the "Inn" over New Years in arctic temps on our first visit to Santa Fe. The elegant and funky atmosphere with a staff that was helpful and attentive, yet never stuffy or pretentious.
" Tourmaline" was our very special home away from home. Breakfast was delicious and very ample! Great location to walk anywhere (even in 6 degree temps) and our car magically appeared if it was requested. Best turndown service anywhere and the beds were cozy & fabulous.
This property is a total treat! Worth visiting even if Santa Fe is not on your hit list.

Room Tip: Im sure they are all great but Tourmaline was an expansive suite with great fireplace and kitchen as...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank caryn1958
s_seret, General Manager at Inn of the Five Graces, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear caryn1958,
It was indeed a very cold week in Santa Fe and I am very happy to hear you kept cozy and warm in Tourmaline. I appreciate your kind words for the staff and the atmosphere we’ve created. It really is our hope that we can make you feel at home and that you can always call on us for whatever reason. We all enjoyed having you and your husband stay with us and we’d love to see you again… perhaps when the weather is warmer and our courtyards are in bloom.
Warm regards,