“Oh Wow. Tear it down or renovate.”

Cities of Gold Casino
Ranked #209 of 274 things to do in Santa Fe
More attraction details
Owner description: More than 40,000 square feet of Las Vegas-style gaming includes blackjack, craps, roulette, slots, bingo and the only poker room in northern New Mexico.
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This place reminded me of the seedy casino in the movie "Reindeer Games". I didn't notice much filth. The curtains, the walls, the floors, the restrooms, and the game areas were all clean. The parking lot had some trash in it. The front door glass needed cleaning. The sidewalk was littered with old gum residue and some large stains near the front door.The casino looks old and out-dated. I specifically looked for overall cleanliness. However, if I hadn't been looking for cleanliness, I wouldn't have much good to say about Cities of Gold. The age of the facility completely over-shadows whatever good there may be.

Inside the casino, the bar area was dirty. The bar tender said he hated his job and wanted out.

The buffet was disgusting. It was over-priced for the quality of food and selection. The tables were worn out. The walls were damaged.

I went to the Snack Bar inside the Bingo area. A candy bar is almost $3.00. This is what I would expect to pay at the State Fair. Everything was over priced. What a joke. No other casino I've ever been to tries to take advantage of customers so blatantly. It's a CASINO. You should not have to capitalize on candy bar and potato chip profits. When you treat your customers like fools, you will eventually LOSE. I expected a slightly inflated price for snack and food items but NOT 3X more than any gas station or store like Walmart, Target, Albertsons, etc.

The cigarette smoke was over powering. There was NO escape. It was hard to breath.

Employees were unavailable to help me. One of the slots I was playing malfunctioned. I waited for an hour. Nobody came to help.

There are far better places to go! Whomever runs this place is seriously out of touch with reality.

4  Thank Tabitha K

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I would not go to a) the casino, b) the buffet, or c) the hotel. The casino is only slot machines no tables, the food in the buffet tastes like canned food, and the hotel is a dive

Reviewed April 25, 2013

we played two days at the Cities of Gold casino,,,,and believe or it not,,,we won both days,,,also stayed at their motel at the casino, and it was very clean, rooms great, service great...had breakfast in the motel and it was also very good..will definitely go back here again...Oh also they gave away $20.00 to different players and I won one....

Reviewed April 18, 2013

gack! there is no place there to escape the cigarette smoke! imo they should pay me to eat there and breathe the smoke!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stopped here to play the games for an hour and get a bite to eat. The bartender was rude and hateful. The buffet is pathetic....do not pay $10.99 for this. We had a buy 1 get 1 free guest coupon so it was ok for us. The whole place is set up strange and you just keep walking in circles to find things you need. Their promotions are a joke, don't fall for them. Their employees are rude in general. Keep driving. There are other casinos to stop at.