Bishop's Lodge Resort & Spa
Inn of the Governors(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$229
$319
  • Pool
Eldorado Hotel & Spa(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$216
  • Pool
Hotel St. Francis(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$271
$244
  • Pool
Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$169
$261
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Las Palomas Inn Santa Fe(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$149
Travelocity
Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$185
$167
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Upon check in we were told we were in one of the nicer rooms on the property. Room was probably remodeled in 1970. Power blew went off in our section of the "resort" while using hotel provided hair dryer (apparently a common occurrence). Fixtures thought the room were seriously worn. Old TV provided horrible snowy picture. Carpet was worn ad had been stretched many times. Concrete steps were crumbling. Food in restaurant was terrible. Feel sorry for the staff selling/serving the food. we love New Mexico and like rustic but this was downright laughable. Not an inexpensive place. I would not stay here again if I was offered a complimentary room. when asking staff about the area we were told "I don't know i don't like to go outside here much". classic case of little to no re-investment in the property. Don't allow yourself to be duped by staying here.

6  Thank TexasCars
BishopsLodge, Public Relations Manager at Bishop's Lodge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at Bishop’s Lodge. Your comments and suggestions are very much appreciated and were shared during our weekly staff meeting.

We are sorry you did not the experience what we genuinely offer to all of our guest. Most guest take advantage of our amenities that we have to offer on the resort like horseback riding, pony rides, free mountain biking, hiking trails, drumming circle, badminton, croquet, volleyball, kids camps, horse shoes, award winning Sha Nah Spa and our amazing wonderful one of a kind pool side.

What we provide is an authentic resort setting that differs from any hotel downtown. We hope that during your next stay in Santa Fe we maybe able to change your perception. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Just returned from another visit to Santa Fe and The Bishop's Lodge. I must admit that I am most partial to this place. We have stayed there as a family for over 20 years and expect that we will do so again next year.

We had a great time. While we take full advantage of what Santa Fe has to offer, it is great to come back to the lodge in the evening to have drinks in the lodge or on the deck. Unfortunately, we did not get to horseback ride or go skeet shooting this time. A quiet walk on the property in the evening is the best thing for the spirit. I love doing Taiji out by the pool and watching the sun rise. We tend to be creatures of habit; and requested the same suite we had the last two years. Enough room for us and close to the main lodge. The staff was courteous and helpful. While areas of the lodge can use some improvement, I would recommend it, especially for families.

2  Thank Luvaghn B
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed there for three days and all I have to say is the only thing this place can "boast" about are their run-down, dirty and overpriced rooms. The entire property needs work.
We had a room (# 107) with no chance to see the sun and/or the sky.

5  Thank Mariner951_10
BishopsLodge, Public Relations Manager at Bishop's Lodge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We review all our guest comments and concerns on a daily basis.

I'm sorry you did not like your room. We feature images of our rooms on online for your convenience before booking your reservations. We normally accommodate all requests given to the front desk. If we did not go over and beyond to meet this request I sincerely apologize on behalf of our team.

I invite you and all our guest to take advantage of our kids day and evening camps on the grounds, hiking trails, stables, pony rides, tennis, badminton, volleyball, horseback riding, spa, lovely pool and mountain biking. Most guests enjoy the 450 acres of national forest views that surrounds the resort.

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Bishps lodge is a Great resort. It has Beautiful grounds. The restaurant is excellent. The rooms are not expensive. A 5 minute drive to Santa Fe. And on top of it all they have great horses. Well worth it.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank monchotico
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This resort is set in a lovely landscape. We stayed in a deluxe room which had a separate large living area, and a nice private patio, but the room's decor and amenities overall are average at best.
We purchased a special deal package from a listing on LuxuryLink.com -From the looks of that listing I was expecting a quiet mountain spa resort complete with lounging by the relaxing pool and taking in that amazing view. Though upon arrival Saturday we realized there were loud families with kids everywhere, and the pool with the amazing view (which is pictured on Luxury Link) was in a separate part of the property and reserved for the Bishops Villa Owners only. Luckily the staff was very accommodating when we expressed our frustration about this and let us have use of the Villa's pool for the duration of our stay.
The Spa treatments were professional and left my skin feeling good. The spa's indoor/ outdoor lounge area with the garden is lovely. Given the situation with the noisy main pool, I would recommend getting a spa treatment each day and just lounging by their small hot tubs if you're looking to just relax like we were.
Overall I felt like the amenities did not measure up to the price tag of this expensive resort. Though I found a great deal with Luxury Link, I don't think I would stay here again (and I surely wouldn't pay full price to).

Room Tip: This is a sprawling property with lots of hills. If you have trouble with stairs or walking up steep hills to your room, be sure to request a room close to ground level.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends