“Beautiful oasis”

Bishop's Lodge Resort & Spa
Ranked #44 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Im sitting at the pool right now having just checked out. My credit card was charged twice and service in the restaurant, concierge, front desk, and bar were embarrassingly bad. The pool boy Chad was exceptionally accomodating finding my children goggles and games. The pool is beautiful and so are the rooms and grounds. This is the perfect place to be if you don't want the hotel to be anything more than a comfortable place to stay. Eat elsewhere! The activities the hotel claims to have available were booked every second according to the unhelpful concierge. The restaurant was like a scene from SNL being brought things we didn't order and charged for things we never received!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Drugrep
BishopsLodge, Public Relations Manager at Bishop's Lodge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you for your candid review. I sincerely apologize for not providing you the best service we strive to give to all of our Bishop Lodge guest.

I would like the opportunity to change your perception of our historical resort. Please contact me so I may better understand what you experienced. I look forward to your call. Please call me at 505.819.4023.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

The front desk young lady was edgy and not helpful. The room needs updating....the blinds did not work and the bathroom needs better lighting. If you walked around the property, you might be able to find cell phone connection.....the TV connection was also sketchy. The pool was beautiful but the hot tub only had one jet that worked.

However, the property is well groomed. The sunset was gorgeous.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank pam11p
BishopsLodge, Public Relations Manager at Bishop's Lodge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Hi Pam,

Thanks for your candid review. We've been busy working on grooming the property for our 95th Anniversary. The sunsets are amazing, especially from our Las Fuentes dinning room and patio.

Since were right up against the National Forest and the Sange de Cristo Mountains cell service can be interrupted. I'm checking to see what room you stayed in to fix any issues you may have encountered. We apologize for any inconvenience.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

The horseback riding, grounds. restaurant, pool and rooms were great (in that order). Joaquin, Daniel and Lynn were wonderfully patient as I tried riding for the first time. The food was superb and the outdoor patio a delight.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank HollyWItt
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This rustic and charming property is just a stone's throw outside of Santa Fe's busy plaza area. The scenery is unlike any other in the area - gorgeous arroyo's and trees! The buildings and lodges are very much Santa Fe and historic to boot. We had a beautiful room at the highest point on the property. A deck with views from one mountain range to the other. The room was also nicely furnished, comfy bed, and lots of room to spread out.

We also had a great breakfast on the patio overlooking the front of the resort. A buffet with lots of goodies, great omelets, and fruit. The dinner was the bomb though! I had Bison Ribs and it was the tastiest thing I have ever had. My wife had a steak and it was cooked just right. A great wine list too and the prices are fair.

One other great thing about the Lodge is all the activities. Mr. Verruni really capitalizes on the uniqueness of this resort- skeet shooting, spa, biking, hiking, horseback riding, and even horse whispering.... yes whispering. We had a great time on a 1 hour horseback ride. Poncho was a veteran trail horse who took it easy on my wife even thought the last time she was in the saddle was over 20 years ago! The trails all around the resort were perfect for riding and the views amazing.

Overall, this is a great historical part of Santa Fe. It is not busy but relaxing. There are things to do if you so desire. The plaza just minutes away. Staff is always friendly. The original Bishop Lamy chapel is still on premises too. I highly recommend this place for anyone looking for a real taste of Santa Fe.

Room Tip: They are all different. I like the ones on the higher side of the resort with a patio
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Apilgrim4u
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Loved my stay at the Bishop's Lodge. The staff were attentive and friendly. And the room was spacious, comfortable and elegant--with a kiva fireplace and quaint bathroom. I loved the back patio area overlooking a pond and stables. They have an excellent shuttle service around Santa Fe. The grounds are gorgeous. I only wished I had booked more days to stay!

Room Tip: Splurge! It is well worth it to get the deluxe room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gayani D
BishopsLodge, Public Relations Manager at Bishop's Lodge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thanks for the great review Gayani! We're glad you had a chance to take in the views near your room and enjoy our resort. We've stepped up our customer service efforts during this busy summer ending season. We hope you can stay longer next time.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Service was great, rooms where comfortable and nice, the grounds are spectacular.. it was a great place for me and my kids to have some quality time, we rode horsback and swam in the nice big pool, a Historic property added to the ambiance, The staff where allvery professional and accomidating.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Chris C
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Six of us were recently there for brunch on a Sunday. We arrived at the start time of the brunch and with only 2 tables of people it took 20 minutes to get our first cup of coffee. Service went downhill from here. We knew it woud be pricey, but with that we expected beautiful presentation and excellent service. Not so. Our omelets appeared as scrambled eggs, the roasted vegetables were cold, and other dishes were presented like a free breakfast in a motel. I'm sure there are other beautiful locations in Santa Fe with a more appealing buffet and better service. Spend your money somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank jct2tx
BishopsLodge, Public Relations Manager at Bishop's Lodge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you for your candid review. We appreciate your feedback. In this case we strongly recommend that our guest attending our Sunday Brunch make reservations in advance. It sounds like you and your guest may have arrived a bit early while we were still setting up. We often cannot seat everyone until everything is completely ready. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you and your guest. Our buffet is one of the most decadent and most popular settings in Santa Fe. It's enjoyed buy locals and our resort guest. We have received countless great reviews and can honestly say we use organic and locally grown produce as well as being one of the only hotels / resorts that still offer this great service.