“Thank you-I needed a restaurant like this”
Review of The Ranch House

The Ranch House
Ranked #8 of 576 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2013

With heavy travel around Texas and New Mexico, I like barbeque but have found Tex-Mex and Mex has gotten old. Was great to eat at the Ranch House-well served, good food, with a diversity of choices. If we go with customers, everyone finds something they like. Would have given them a five but not many creative dishes. That being said, this was a perfect choice the last time I was there for ribs, chicken, fish, etc. Sometimes the basics are best!

2  Thank Holeinone53

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I had the "BEST" burger I've ever had in my life of 50 plus years at the Ranch House. I had the BBQ Bacon burger with green chili peppers. It was amazing. Their buns are awesome. Fries come in a little deep fryer basket...very novel. My grandson had the beef brisket and loved it with the spicy barbeque sauce. His meal came with three sides and he said they were all really good. We took some of the sauce home with us because it was so good. I recommend this restaurant for the food and ambience. Service could be better but we were there late in the evening, so maybe it would be better earlier. I would recommend this restaurant and would surely return if ever I am in Santa Fe again.

2  Thank Cheryl W
Reviewed August 13, 2013

After reading the other reviews, it seems like this place can be a hit and miss. We got very lucky. My husband had a salad - don't remember which one - and liked it a lot.

I got the flatbread pizza and a side salad. The pizza was the best pizza I ever had in the US. Soooo yummy! The flavor was fantastic, I would come back again and again to eat this dish.

Service was ok, not outstanding. Atmosphere was good. Busy, though, but that wasn't their fault. ;-)

2  Thank JKJN-Family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Nice upscale atmosphere yet comfortable. Good smoky flavor using Texas/Brown Oak. Great sides: green chile slaw, Yukon potato salad, baked beans and green chili cornbread. Quick and attentive service. Had the ribs and 1/2 chicken combo. A little pricy but still felt it was a good value.

3  Thank Derek S
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Flavorful BBQ, not award winning but very good value. Steak and enchiladas plate very good Many flavorful economical options!

2  Thank oldarmy1952