“Difficulties at the Swiss Bakery in Santa Fe” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Swiss Bistro Bakery & Pastries - CLOSED

Swiss Bistro Bakery & Pastries
Cuisines: American, French, Cafe, European
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Montezuma Avenue
Description: Swiss Bakery Pastries and Bistro prepares fresh traditional pastries, croissants and danishes daily, using only the finest ingredients. We also serve breakfast lunch and dinner with daily specials. Private parties and catering is available.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Difficulties at the Swiss Bakery in Santa Fe”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

We used to eat breakfast at the Swiss Bakery at least once a week and loved the food, but of late things seem to be declining. Diet Coke is my preferred drink with breakfast but after 3 weeks of ordering Diet Coke and getting Dr. Pepper, I decided I would give up on that and switch to hot tea. When I order tea I am not told that they only have herbal teas but many weeks I find that the tea selection does not include any "plain" tea. I resorted to bringing my own tea bags as I still loved the food. Unfortunately during our last two visits the food has been an issue as well. I normally order the eggs Benedict. A few weeks ago, I got the eggs Benedict and it was cold as were the hash browns. There is nothing appetizing about cold hollandaise sauce! I could not attract the attention of our waiter but finally got another staff member to come to our table. I told them about the cold food and they took it back. My husband had finished eating his meal by the time my warm plate arrived and the waiter never apologized. It's been a month or so since we've been to the Swiss Bakery so this weekend we thought we'd give it another shot, unfortunately there was still an issue with the tea and my food was lukewarm at best. It is unfortunate that this formerly stellar breakfast spot seems to be in decline.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank joibbt

Austin, Texas
“Great food...Service???”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

Walked from our hotel for breakfast one morning. Really enjoyed the food. The eggs benedict on croissants were delicious! But our waiter didn't seem to be having a good day. He confused some things and forgot some things. But I would go back again, because my breakfast was so good.

• Visited December 2013
4 Thank JDH_AustinTx
New Orleans, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Onion soup: served cold, old baked on cheese, seemed like soup was re-heated from days before.
Caprese: Served in unattractive thick slabs of beet/mozzarella/tomato.
Salmon crepe w/sour cream was served cold with a dash of sour cream.
Asked for coffee got served mocha.
Dessert: Napoleon was stale and non-flaky just terrible.
Restaurant had only a party of three in restaurant. Owner preoccupied w/other things while letting this food go out of his kitchen.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank lkjbvtydr
Boston, Massachusetts
“This was SO GOOD for breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

We do not usually eat breakfast out on vacation. But if we had found this place earlier in the week of our vacation, we would have eaten there several times. It was GREAT. Attractive place. Good service. Incredible selection. Thousands of calories but OH SO WORTH IT!!!

• Visited September 2013
8 Thank GoWithTheFlow1203
“Great meals and service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We ate two nights here. The entree specials were top-notch plus great bread, wonderful desserts. Pasta cooked to perfection, yummy clams, wonderful veal. One night I had grilled salmon on top of the house salad. The salmon was perfectly done, yummy homemade salad dressing, fresh salad greens and veggies.

• Visited October 2013