“Nice find on Guadalupe”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Swiss Bistro Bakery & Pastries - CLOSED

Swiss Bistro Bakery & Pastries
Cuisines: American, French, Cafe, European
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Montezuma Avenue
Description: Swiss Bakery Pastries and Bistro prepares fresh traditional pastries, croissants and danishes daily, using only the finest ingredients. We also serve breakfast lunch and dinner with daily specials. Private parties and catering is available.
Madrid, New Mexico
“Nice find on Guadalupe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Nice restaurant with great patio tucked behind. Stopped in for breakfast, and enjoyed their crepes. I tried their muesli but it seemed to be sweetened more than the true Swiss variety. Too bad about that!

Visited September 2013
6 Thank Don V

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Going downhill? New owners?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We've been here some 6-10 times in the past few years and so we were really surprised with the poor quality today. If a reviewer from June 2013 on another site is correct and the original owner has sold the place, well wow, this is disappointing. My Swiss Crepe had batter that while it tasted good, was not fully cooked. My shredded potatoes (hash browns) came with absolutely no crisp on top, white, and raw-ish. There was so much butter on them (because they weren't cooked fully or hot enough) that they were slimy. My husband's french toast was dry. Can't tell if it was made with brioche (my guess) but it was not good. His bacon was burnt in spots (black, having hit a hot spot on the grill) and uncooked in others. My coffee cup came out half full, though they offered regularly to refill. Service was good and we even told our waiter that this food was disappointing and he said, "hmm..I'll pass that on, I had another complaint this morning about the chef". Well, there you go.
If it's truly changed owners, I doubt I'll now give them another chance. What a shame, this place used to be amazing.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank dnjscheer
Arizona
“Great breakfast spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Although this restaurant also serves lunch and dinner, we only had breakfast there and it was very good. My husband loved the pastries!

Visited July 2013
5 Thank Pam E
Chanute, Kansas
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

We walked to this restaurant from our B & B. The food, service, atmosphere was superb! I had a crepe. I also had 3 vegetables that were each beautifully seasoned. All the food was fresh, well seasoned and perfectly cooked. When we went to the Farmer's Market on Saturday we noticed the owner or manager and the chef making purchases. We also ate on the patio for lunch the next day. I had the veggie quiche which was delicious. We took a napoleon back to the B & B, which was such a wonderful treat that was a generous portion of dessert.

• Visited July 2013
6 Thank Kathy B
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Terrible service, ugly patio, way too expensive”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We thought we'd try the new patio at the Swiss Bakery Bistro. Yuck! Ugly, uncomfortable, dead flowers and poor service. One appetizer, eggplant stuffed with ricotta was wonderful, but the Caesar salad was awful and my husbands pasta dish was pre made and tasteless for $18.00. Two glasses of wine and a shared crepe (boring) $86.00! Total rip off. Give this one a miss!

Visited June 2013