“A touch of Switzerland in old Santa Fe”
Review of Swiss Bistro Bakery & Pastries - CLOSED

Swiss Bistro Bakery & Pastries
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Montezuma Avenue
Description: Swiss Bakery Pastries and Bistro prepares fresh traditional pastries, croissants and danishes daily, using only the finest ingredients. We also serve breakfast lunch and dinner with daily specials. Private parties and catering is available.
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have lunch here every couple of weeks. Good quality basic food. Particularly like the Croque Monsieur, which comes with a salad. The pastry counter has authentic Swiss/French items. Generally quiet and relaxing atmosphere to share a pleasant meal with friends or work colleagues.

8  Thank steele505
There are newer reviews for Swiss Bistro Bakery & Pastries

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We have been thrilled beyond words at this recent addition to the Santa Fe eating scene until our last experience. Service was slow, the crepes undercooked and my vegetable crepe, something I always order, filled will a few greasy peppers and onions. We asked for crispy bacon and it was flaccid, the traditional crepe tasteless. This has been a place we have raved about, but it will be a few months until we try it again. Back to the hard to park at, but consistent Claufoutis, I guess.

4  Thank TwinFlames
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Even though they put us at a table right in the doorway, our server still neglected us. I would have liked to enjoy more than just two cups of their excellent house coffee, but we could never seem to get our waiter's attention. It took an hour and a half to eat lunch. The food was pretty good, the strudel was soggy, and the croissant was flaky. We even had trouble getting silverware.

4  Thank leppaenat
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Loved the crepes and pastries. Location is right along Guadalupe in a fantastic older building with high ceilings & eclectic artsy decor. Service was a little slow & not attentive, but the atmosphere was just what you want for a Sunday morning breakfast.

6  Thank Jan R
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I recently had lunch with a friend at this relatively new restaurant and it is now my new favorite "go to" spot for breakfast or lunch.

The food was absolutely outstanding, particularly the Swiss pizza and the Chicken Vol au Vent. Service was spot on and the decor cheery. Tables are fairly close together, but my friend and I were still able to carry on a conversation without straining and never felt we were being overheard by nearby diners.

Prices are extremely reasonable. Word of advice--save room for dessert! The selection in the pastry case is worth the calories!

8  Thank Julie87508