“Exceptional find!”

Ranked #8 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
Ft. Wayne, Ind.
“Exceptional find!”
Reviewed June 18, 2009

This hotel is a little treasure, with its traditional Santa Fe charm, lush folliage and great location. We putzed around the Plaza, just a couple blocks away. Room was clean and modern. Great breakfast in the morning, with make-your-own breakfast burritos, waffles, fresh fruit and more. Wouldn' t hesitate to recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank con5987

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
Tulia, Texas
Reviewed June 14, 2009

We had a wonderful stay at the Old Santa Fe Inn. My two friends and I were on a girls road trip and this place was perfect. Wonderful breakfast burrito bar and the service was great. Alex bent over backwards to accommodate our every need. Thanks Alex!!!!!!!!! I would highly recommend this place. With in walking distance to lots of places. Great stay and great fun!!! Thanks!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
5 Thank blue_velvet56
Denver
Reviewed June 13, 2009

A delightful inn very close to the Plaza. The staff, especially Alex, was friendly, knowlegeable, and efficient. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to return. The rates are quite reasonable considering that you are so close to downtown. Breakfast is superb and so are the chocolate chip cookies at 4 p.m. You won't go wrong!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank busybee6667
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed June 10, 2009

The Old Santa Fe Inn is one of the best steals in Santa Fe. It is easy walking distance to the Plaza and I just loved it. The room was very comfortable, very clean, great furnishings and decor, awesome A/C with remote and cute flat screen TV. The breakfast buffet was really good, with lots of choices and quality items-- felt more like a European B&B than a re-furbished New Mexico motor court! Free parking and dreamy bed made it better than La Fonda, which I stayed in a few weeks before on another trip. I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank travelingcurator
New York
Reviewed June 4, 2009

We loved this inn because it was located near the plaza and we can just walk back to the hotel whenever we needed. The room was very pretty. The breakfast buffet was wonderful. I really liked that they had a wide selection of Tazo teas, and there are mug cups not paper cups. Only thing that bothered us slightly was we could hear the footsteps, conversation and TV from upstairs. Lucky that we didnt have noisy neighbor.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
6 Thank maripon5
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 1, 2009

All in all I had a great stay at the Old Santa Fe Inn. Kim, the very nice reservationist matched the much lower rate I found on Expedia or Hotels.com. The $300 someone mentioned they paid below is outlandish for this basically upscaled motel! The $124/wkend and $101/weekday was fine.

The first day, I was so tired I barely noticed that my room only had a window that faced a wooden wall in the back of the hotel. For a woman alone, not such a bad thing not to have a window facing the parking lot, but still... It was a little dark in my corner.

The breakfast buffet, as previously mentioned was good. As was the location. Not just a few blocks from old town and the square, but very close to the farmer's market and the rest of the stuff in the Railyard district (REI!) and a Sanctuario for the Virgin of Guadelupe.

So, here come my negatives. Surprised no one mentioned any of this:

Also, I understand that people appreciate the thorough info Michael provides, but when there is a line of people waiting to check in, it could be a good idea to cut down the unsolicited suggestions - if they drove here they can find the square. It was my only contact with the informative Michael, but in my case, it wasnt appreciated! Thankfully after 10 minutes of waiting for him to stop, someone else arrived to do the check ins.

The walls were thin to the extent that I could hear murmering from the next room (and 2 drunk screaming couples in the room next to me on Saturday night, boucing off the walls or whatever). Sunday and Monday at 3-4am I was kept up listening to snoring through the wall! I had to reverse myself on the bed, so I wasnt adjacent to the wall.

I would recommend this hotel to a friend, but would probably splurge on the Inn of the Anasazi or better yet, Inn of the Five Graces, if I had to be back in the area. Met women who were staying at the Inn of the Governor and loved it....

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
4 Thank evening
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 21, 2009

Honeymoon suite was wonderful, roomy, clean, staff very friendly, breakfast buffet fun with breakfast burritos and the usual fare.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple