“Very welcoming and great breakfast!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old Santa Fe Inn

Old Santa Fe Inn
Ranked #5 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very welcoming and great breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Came in via Amtrak shuttle on May 9, 2014. Room very comfortable and pleasant reception at front desk. Room clean and adequate size. Charming decor. Great breakfast with homemade tamales. Fresh made cookies and tea in afternoon.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LindaGTonyG

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed here for one night in March and really enjoyed our stay with two adults and two small children. We really liked the decor of the place, the room was clean and tidy, and the breakfast was really good. And, finally, good coffee! The location was great for walking around and enjoying the sites of Santa Fe. This is a refurbished motel, so the rooms are very motel-like, which we thought was fun and sort of felt "Old West". The rooms are a little dark inside. But, again, they are clean, with nice furnishings and even came with little chocolates in the room. As everyone has noted, the staff are very friendly and helpful. The one downside is the bathroom was a little tight- we need to help our children in the bathroom, and that was not easy due to the small size. We would definitely stay here again and consider it for a longer trip to Santa Fe- it seems like, unfortunately, we are always just passing through. I would recommend this to others. I especially liked the decor in the dining room, the covered wagon in the parking lot, and the hanging chili peppers!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jld1975
Port Townsend, Wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have been to Santa Fe several times before, but always with a group of friends. This time I was on my own, wanting a getaway to focus on some editing, broken up by puttering around a town I liked. I did not have a car, having taken a shuttle from the Albuquerque airport. I didn't need one. As others have said the location is very convenient to the Plaza, but also to the Railroad yard area to which I walked for the Saturday Market. Just a few blocks too for a visit to the State Capitol, and night trips to see an extraordinary dance performance at the Lensic Theater and a guitar concert at the San Miguel Mission Church. Innumerable eating options at all price levels were close by. Good to have a Japanese meal one night as a break from SW cuisine. The breakfast options included in the room price should satisfy everyone. On the weekend there were homemade tamales that were quite wonderful. I had a first floor room and enjoyed sitting outside on a bench on occasion, even though the view was of the parking lot. Also a block to benches along the river. The room was small but well appointed overall. There was a good sized desk to serve my needs but I would have liked a comfy chair for reading. This is not an uncommon "complaint" of mine. I do not like to read in bed. However there was a good supply of pillows so I made do. Service was excellent and friendly from the front desk to housekeeping to breakfast room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
7 Thank RestlessFeet
Baton Rouge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel was easy to find and parking is included in the stay, but the spaces are very tight and have steel rails marking the parking places. Even with care it is hard to put the car in the parking place without rolling up on the rails or rubbing the tires, that is how tight the parking places are. The hotel is walking distance from the downtown plaza, which is great. The room was good, but had problems with the remote for the HVAC. Tried several times get them working, one in the bedroom and one in the seating area. Finally had to call the night manager, who had to come back to the room with me and get the job done. He said I was not the first one to complain about the units, that most people could not figure them out. The breakfast was very good with lots of local flavors. All in all I would say it was an OK place, but a little overpriced.

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room, because the floors groan when you walk on them. We were upstairs and felt sorr...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank bayouself
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I'd stayed here before, 7 years ago, & it was even better than I remembered. The service was more like hospitality, like we were honored guests. The immaculate rooms were not spacious, but didn't feel cramped. My partner is 6'3" & was a little too large for the bed, but it was so comfortable, he said it mattered little. The linens were top-shelf quality. The room was clean by the time we returned from a superb breakfast breakfast, which was kept refreshed beyond the posted times. The fruit tasted like it had been picked that morning. The free parking within walking distance of every sight on our list in Old Santa Fe. I could write a book, but I think I have conveyed my delighted satisfaction with every aspect of the Old Santa Fe Inn. I would not consider staying anywhere else if I were to return.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Mttxmariposa
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My partner and I were getting married in Santa Fe. We were anxious about a place to stay for our guests-especially since we had never been to Santa Fe before. We searched the internet and decided on the Old Santa Fe Inn with its amenities of free breakfast and parking. We wanted something authentic for the area for our wedding guests. All of our guests commented how perfect this Inn was, from the friendliness of the staff to the incredible rooms with the kiva fireplaces. The Old Santa Fe Inn exceeded our expectations in every way. We could not have been happier or more satisfied. We walked to the Plaza each day, walked to get married and to have our wedding dinner. The location was perfect. We only have superlatives for our stay and our guests' stay at the Inn. Thank you for making the stay memorable.

Room Tip: We brought our two Cairn Terriers with us and we were in Room 29. It was perfect as it had a small...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cairndaddy
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I've stayed at the Old Sante Fe Inn twice in the last couple months, once with family and once for work. While there are no bargains in Sante Fe, I don't think anyplace else provides the same amenities, location and truly excellent breakfast in the under-$200 price range. The location is perfect, easily walkable to either the plaza area or Guadalupe. The free on-site parking is a convenience, although having a parking lot right outside your door cuts down on the charm a little. The property tries to walk the line between cozy historical inn and slickly efficient modern hotel, and mostly gets the balance just right. I could have some minor gripes - some of the rooms can be really tight (I'd prefer to downsize the bed in or order to have walking space in some of the rooms - the kiva fireplace rooms are bigger and more charming), and the headboard in one room was loose and knocked loudly against the wall with the slightest jostle. But really, most everything here is tasteful, polished and well-tended. And the breakfast is a cut above - way above. Fresh cut fruit, hand-made tamales, good coffee, burrito bar with chopped green chili...everything is great, nothing like the usual industrial motel breakfast.

There are a lot of nice properties in and around Sante Fe, most all are charming and professionally run. But I'd need a pretty compelling reason to not to continue staying at the Old Sante Fe Inn.

Room Tip: Opt for the Kiva Fireplace room, if available. They're larger and prettier. I was upgraded with...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business